What HID kit do you have?And how much was it?

diss_50

MK4 IBIZA CUPRA
Aug 21, 2007
£30 ebay ones here aswell ;)

3462850868_fd8a630c39.jpg

PJ_TDi

Its Thwaite
Jan 1, 2008
Wiltshire
How come there is massive fluctuation in price regarding the ones in diane-shop? Some are 36 or so in total, others are 55 or so!?

They seem to be the same kits at buy it now?!

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
Could be a marketing gimmick.
Like on price comparison websites you look at the array of prices on there and go: I`ll have THAT one - it`s what I want and it`s the cheapest there! Ensuring that you buy through them.

diss_50

MK4 IBIZA CUPRA
Aug 21, 2007
I think ALOT of us purchased them on ebay Australia due to the niche in the price and poor strength in the pound. Well done to the lad who figured it out! ;) This was a year ago though.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
i got Diane shop ones ,they lasted 2 days and then broke :( so i sent them back and after a few weeks i got a new set back

had them in the car now for about 3 months and there fine! ive got my headlights turned down (setting 1) and never had any flashes etc

gazb1409

i got 10000k in my leon with for £38 of ebay from china took 4 days to arrive 10 mins to fit looks awesome and had no probs from the police but i do have projectors as well

gazb1409

just to clear something up i have read on here is that alot of people are saying you cannot fit hid's into angel eyes on a leon mk1 without modifying the angel eyes well just to clear that up i have fitted them into my angel eyes without any messing around what so every it took me around 10 mins to fit without bogding it up the ballasts are tucked away really nice will upload some pics very soon

Last edited by a moderator:

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
my OEM looking install

First i removed the bumper and lights.

Then mounted the ballasts on the crash bar

102_1216.jpg

102_1217.jpg

Then in with the bulbs

102_1221.jpg

Then i modded the cover to suit

102_1220.jpg

Then once the cover was on i pulled the grommet through

102_1223.jpg

Then the finished product!

102_1225.jpg

102_1226.jpg

102_1227.jpg

102_1228.jpg

102_1230.jpg

just to clear something up i have read on here is that alot of people are saying you cannot fit hid's into angel eyes on a leon mk1 without modifying the angel eyes well just to clear that up i have fitted them into my angel eyes without any messing around what so every it took me around 10 mins to fit without bogding it up the ballasts are tucked away really nice will upload some pics very soon

Might want to put that in the MK1 Leon section then :p:lol:

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
st10587 that`s exactly what I did! But I managed to do it with the headlights still in place.
Makes for a much neater install cutting the bottom of the cover instead of drilling the hole eh?

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
st10587 that`s exactly what I did! But I managed to do it with the headlights still in place.
Makes for a much neater install cutting the bottom of the cover instead of drilling the hole eh?

i only took the headlights out as i could not get my hand down the back to change the side lights!:lol:

although i have worked out now how to do it with out loosing half my hand;)

PJ_TDi

Its Thwaite
Jan 1, 2008
Wiltshire
Ha! I've mastered the changing sidelights technique i think! It just takes a bit of patience, none of this cut-hands business! I ended up buying the diane-shop lights, on the basis they were half the price of the others (£37!!)and seem to have equally-as-good reviews, I'll put some pictures up as soon as they are fitted, cheers for all the help chaps!

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Ha! I've mastered the changing sidelights technique i think! It just takes a bit of patience, none of this cut-hands business! I ended up buying the diane-shop lights, on the basis they were half the price of the others (£37!!)and seem to have equally-as-good reviews, I'll put some pictures up as soon as they are fitted, cheers for all the help chaps!

Do you have a link to their page as I will probably buy some for my other car!

PJ_TDi

Its Thwaite
Jan 1, 2008
Wiltshire
Hi guys! Fitted my HID's the other day and they are great! I made use of st10587's fitting method so the wiring is well hidden. My only query is about what seems to be dust on the inside of my lights? Is this just highlighted more due to the brightness of the HIDs? It doesnt affect the beam at all, just the look of the headlights when they are on.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.