Leon flip Key guide

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
so am i right that i can buy any version of key 3 button or 2 button and part number or mhz 433 or 434 will not matter?

will it still work with my car once coded to my immobilizer?

before i had a 2 button remote?

thanks

Not every part number works !! :confused: Can't remember what mine was, but i'm sure I posted it on here somewhere! From memory the P/N's are all the same except the last 2 letters, which is the important bit.

There is no issue with Freq, or at least none that have been mentioned on here!

As for 2 or 3 button keys...not much point in 3 button, as the boot release wont do anything on an LC.

cupradan

Original Shinto...
May 12, 2004
Huddersfield
quick question about this. if i only have one key and buy a flip key could i have the blade cut first, fit this into the flip key, then use this to manually lock the car allowing me to do the central locking coding and then swap the transponders over?

stevie steve

Nov 27, 2006
Clevedon
quick question about this. if i only have one key and buy a flip key could i have the blade cut first, fit this into the flip key, then use this to manually lock the car allowing me to do the central locking coding and then swap the transponders over?

Not to sure about this as I believe the transponder is needed in the ignition and in the key to door at the same time. Not sure if it would still lock the door :headhurt:

I can see what your trying to do, but I'm thinking you may need 2 of the transponders

It might be worth reading back through this post and seeing if anyone else has mentioned one key only. I think someone had a one key problem

cupradan

Original Shinto...
May 12, 2004
Huddersfield
well it seems it doesnt work. my friend works for VW and gave me a brand new key he had lying around. i got the blade cut and tried it by putting my original key in the ignition (ignition on) and locking the the car manually with the newly cut blade. trying the coding procedure (unlock, wait 6 secs, unlock again) did nothing. i even tried it with the new key in the ignition and locking the car with the old key but still no luck.

we were going to get the key coded at his dealership but the tech guy there has told him i ave o go to seat. is that right?

cupradan

Original Shinto...
May 12, 2004
Huddersfield
Heads up for everyone. My mate has asked in more detail about this and it seems that if you are going to a dealer only Seat can do this. Apparently they send the chassis number to VW and if the make of car doesnt match the dealer youre at (eg VW dealer sending Seat chassis number) they refuse to supply the information.

So onto my next question: Is there anyone near the Huddersfield area that has vag-tacho and vag-com who could code my key for a few beer tokens?

andi leon frtdi

Mar 8, 2009
portsmouth
Well i've not bought any key yet but i really want a 3 button one as it seems that it may work ????? But the thing that is stopping me is the cost of the transponder coding.
So let's see what people are paying.
I have had two quotes £90 +vat and £45 +vat but i would have to travel a long way to get the £45 one done.

I will also add that this is only for coding the transponder not the key cutting, remote programming and cost of key.

Last edited:

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
Well i've not bought any key yet but i really want a 3 button one as it seems that it may work ????? But the thing that is stopping me is the cost of the transponder coding.
So let's see what people are paying.
I have had two quotes £90 +vat and £45 +vat but i would have to travel a long way to get the £45 one done.

I will also add that this is only for coding the transponder not the key cutting, remote programming and cost of key.

Key cutting ~ £5
Remote Programming ~ FREE :D
Cost of Key ~ £15 (eBay)

Just to give you an idea...

andi leon frtdi

Mar 8, 2009
portsmouth
Key cutting ~ £5
Remote Programming ~ FREE :D
Cost of Key ~ £15 (eBay)

Just to give you an idea...

thanks for that but its the transponder coding i was looking for ( price of ) i really want a flip key but i don't want to spend loads of money just on the coding of the transponder. does anyone have any ideas ?

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
thanks for that but its the transponder coding i was looking for ( price of ) i really want a flip key but i don't want to spend loads of money just on the coding of the transponder. does anyone have any ideas ?

My bad, it was just to give you an idea onto of the quotes you'd already got...

dr62

Sep 9, 2009
Ogulin, Croatia
very nice explanation, but I have a question. I have 2b remote key part.no. 1MO 959753D 433MHz and find a new remote flip key 434MHz part.no. 1JO959753 DA. Before I order it can anyone tell me is it compatible with my existing key.

Thanks

curryholic

Mar 5, 2009
In zomerzet
I've finally got around to sorting mine out. Rung around abit and can confirm that I've been told that now the only way to code the transponder into the immobiliser is to take it to the dealer as their computer system has to talk to head office whilst plugged in, they won't give the SKC, apparently they've all recently moved over to a new system... bloody typical!!! I'm booked in on Friday :)

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
I've finally got around to sorting mine out. Rung around abit and can confirm that I've been told that now the only way to code the transponder into the immobiliser is to take it to the dealer as their computer system has to talk to head office whilst plugged in, they won't give the SKC, apparently they've all recently moved over to a new system... bloody typical!!! I'm booked in on Friday :)

Nice to know they have found another way to relieve us of our hard earned yet again... :censored:

curryholic

Mar 5, 2009
In zomerzet
Got it done this afters at Ted Johnson's Barnsley. First time I've used 'em and very pleased, took less than 1/2 hr so came in cheaper than I expected too ;)

Well happy bunny now!

Dave

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
right, please bear with me.
got two flip keys housing and new blades cut which work in ignition & boot all ok.
got two transponders from hickleys
put them all together and decided today i would get coded at garage.

Now, it seems they are unable to do this as the blade is marked with W NOT W3 upon it.
the info sheet explains: The contact keys for third generation immbilisers are stamped in the metallic zone with: W3
as such it will not work, or they can't do it!
Any thoughts?
Can people check the letters stamped on metal part and see what it says.

I think i have the SKC code aka immobiliser identification number so any offers to do are appreciated for beer money :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.