Facelift FR TDI - Servicing

xrobc

Had my first drive in a facelift FR TDI today.

It would appear that the new CR engine is to be shared with the new Gold 170 GTD.

However, the Golf will come with the variable servicing option.

So, does the FR actually have the variable service option (even if your local friendly Seat dealer won't turn it on)?

Whilst I am here, my first impressions of the new car was very simiilar to the "old" model, but a bit smoother, shame about the plastic flat on the bottom of the steering wheel!

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
Even if you could 'turn it on' with VAG-COM, the warranty stipulates every 10k as before I assume, so it's irrelevant.

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
Indeed. I don't know why Seat don't offer it though, like you say.

h34ds

Jul 6, 2008
DONCASTER
I had a vw before my leon and No engine should go 18,000miles without an oil change. Seems wrong to allow it to do that without a change.
What does anyone else think?

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
I have the 170 CR engine in my TT and service intervals on that are split so that a service and an oil change are two different things.

Both are on countdown timers to a maximum of 19K miles or a set number of days (which may be 2 years). Looks like mine needs both done within 500 miles of each other in about 9K time, which will be when the car is around 1.5 years old.

VAG group seem to have different policies for each brand even with the same engine. The Mk 5 GTi for example was variable servicing the FR Petrol etc were 10K/1 year.

Long service intervals are nothing new my 2002 Astra SRi was 20K/1 year, I did about 18K before the first service at a year old.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
I have had Vauxhall company cars with 20k servicing and I have done 100k miles plus in 6 different Astras with no problems caused by this. The engines have all run almost as good as new after a good 100k mile battering from me.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members