Just lowered my car on AP coilovers ,will the back settle down?

fozworth

Mar 6, 2009
Ive just lowered my car on AP coilovers and while im happy with the over all set up i just wonderd if the back will settle down a little more after a couple hundred miles .Its pretty spot on but could do with may be about 10-15mm more .I dont want to remove the rear adjuster cups as i think its best they stay put,plus ive heard people say they can cause the car to feel bouncy when removed.Im after handling more than looks so will live with it if i have to.
What do fellow coily owners think.Will it settle?

Red Rum

Using "the fuel of Satan"
Jun 29, 2007
Durham
Yeah, mine did a bit. They felt rock hard when i first put them on and the back was a bit higher than the front but after a bit it settled and evened out.

Just after
phat2.jpg

Few Months after
DSC_0040-3.jpg

basssound

May 31, 2007
Rotherham, South Yorkshire!
The AP's don't drop that low on the back, i've got the springs sat on the bottom of the cup with the metal adjuster ring out, basically as low as it goes and i'm still not happy.
I've got 17's to go on so that should sort out the slight gap!

fozworth

Mar 6, 2009
I'm a little worried about removing the adjuster as I've heard it can mess the ride plus if it compromises the handling I would rather leave it.can anyone else confirm if removing this adjuster it doesn't alter the handling for the worse

dede

Oct 20, 2008
i want mine that low :(

were could i get 60s from ebay dont seem to have them for my model?

basssound

May 31, 2007
Rotherham, South Yorkshire!
The bottom half of the cup is in so the spring can't go any where, all i've achieved is another 15mm in lowering, also i've got a whiteline RARB to stiffin up the back end.
It's not going to do any damage at all by removing the top half of the cup ;)

fozworth

Mar 6, 2009
Well gave it a go and to be honest it was too low .With the front as far down as im prepaired to go and the rear adjusters out it made the car front high.I also got an inner arch liner rub on the rear end drivers side when going around a roundabout hard.I do have 20mm spacers but anyways enough said ,the adjusters are back in place and im happy to gowith the height ,which might well settle more in the coming weeks.I did notice upon replacing the adjusters that without them it managed to nail the blue paint on the spring base an also scratch the black base plate so ive slapped loads of grease on everything as springs have a bad habbit of rusting going by previous units ive had.
Pic will be up tomorrowevening ,didnt get one with the adjusters out sorry

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members