FR TDi Price quote

treehugger

Sep 15, 2006
North Suffolk
Hi all, after testing the new FR and the Golf 6 GTD I have decided to go for the FR. I have visited the Dealers today and been quoted £20280 for an FR TDi. The option list is as follows:-

Candy White Paint
Comfort and Technology Pack
Leather Seats
Winter Pack
Black 18" Alloys

The sales manager told me that this will be a factory order and therefore won't be ready until October. He also offered me a trade in of £9750 for my current FR TDi 56 plate (Black metallic, 18's and Bluetooth) guaranteed in October when the car will be ready.

Do you think this is a good deal, any suggestions welcome?

Neil

Alnitak

Jun 28, 2009
Oxford
It's a shade on the high side, given that Irfan is doing the base model for £16613.50 which makes your total price £100 - £350ish higher than theirs (depending on which leather you're getting).

I've ordered mine from M1 today - Candy White, Tech&Con pack, 18" Iberas. Due early September, but only because they've already got an order in for stock.

I was planning to get the black 18" Orions, but having seen some photos of them I've changed my mind. I figured that from a distance they look too much like missing hubcaps.

BTW, the Leon configurator appears to have been updated within the last day, so you can now spec the Orions. However you still can't spec the Tech&Con pack, nor alternate upholstery. It also says that the 18" Iberas are now "no cost" but Irfan assures me that's a mistake. :shrug:

Last edited:

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Never pay the quoted price - always offer them something silly and then work from there to come to an agreement.

Bora

Jul 26, 2002
Visit site
All comes down to cost to change differance. That seems a good trade price to me especially if it's for October too.

I'm having a candy tdi fr with ibera and tech pack for £18023.

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
Difficult to tell, especially as it being a build to order with a 12 week wait.

You never get the best part ex price on a build to order as the market can change massively in that time.

If a car is physically in stock or due in and you can change almost straight away you can drive a really good deal.

Personally I would always try at least 2 dealers, if I was buying SEAT again I's certainly give Irfan a call, although for a few hundred pound difference would prefer to use a local dealer.

It could be the deal you're being offered is the best you'll get, I've seen it both ways, the first dealer offers a really good deal which other struggle to beat, or the first dealer offers £1000 lower than you can get elsewhere.