Uprating Engine Mounts - Ibiza FR TDi

orange

Jun 9, 2006
I've installed mine last week (SPF2907-70K). Not much rattle, only noticeable at the engine shut down. If you don't have EGR and therefore, anti shudder valve, it’s a similar but “improved” rattle.
Gear changes "feel" sharper which is a bonus.

Cheers

TheJedi

Oct 20, 2014
Middle Lands
Hey guys, I know this is an old thread but I found it looking to see whats wrong with the Ibiza a just bought (yes I bought a car with the following problems, against my better judgement) I think its the engine mounts and the engine itself is smooth, doesn't smoke, ticks over nicely and the noises are only really present when gears are engaged so its got to be engine/transmission connecting to chassis related? It has been mapped from 130 to 158 and its safe to say its seen some hard driving action.

When your driving at say 3k revs at 50 on a slightly undulating road, the noise is on when your at the bottom of a dip and goes a bit when you reach the crest, like its the weight of the engine having an effect on how much noise it makes. The vibrations can be felt in the steering wheel and whole car.

When you turn the engine off it shudders/rattles, when you are accelerating slowly up through 1st 2nd 3rd 4th it makes all sorts of horrific noises inside the cab, really loud. Open the window and you can barely hear anything noisy coming from the engine outside. The noises are like a really loose exhaust rattling on the body or something. Metallic sort of knocking. Also it does it when you just touch the pedal and get it to just over tick over its like it hits a harmonic and the engine really rattles around and shakes the whole car, gear engaged or not.... When you put your foot down just enough to get some proper boost, its pretty much perfect, no noise, no heavy vibrations, goes like a rocket. But I didn't buy it to bomb around everywhere! Its supposed to be good on fuel!

So - Has anyone had or heard of anything like this before? Is it simply the engine mounts? Dog bone being the one on the transmission (just discovered thanks to this thread) probs the best place to look first.

Thanks in advance for any help at all with this. Much appreciated.

TheJedi

Oct 20, 2014
Middle Lands
Just read the whole thread properly... Sorry. Typed before I had really read. All the answers are right there on page 1! What a plonker!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members