Engine Rattle - Clutch?

BHP Addict

Back in a SEAT!!
Jan 31, 2006
Birmingham
Hi all,

My beeza has had this for a while now but it has started to get louder.

I'll be driving normally, not ragging it and it'll reach temp fine. When I arrive at my destination and park up with car running I can hear a rattle coming from the left side of the engine (as you look at it).

I wasn;t sure what it was and cannot make out anything moving that shouldn't be. I then dipped the clutch and it went. Gone, nothing. I take my foot off the clutch and it comes back.

Recently I have noticed its quite loud when off the clutch and is faint when dipped.

Any ideas? Clutch? Bearing?

Thanks guys

On a previous car i've had that, it was the clutch release bearing.

Not sure how much of an issue it will be, as I had that car 2 years and it never caused any problems.

If it's getting louder I guess it's potentially getting worse, what sort of mileage have you done, has the clutch been changed?

Neale

Aug 26, 2007
Elgin, Scotland
I also have this problem but it only started after i replaced my clutch and flywheel, mine doesn't seem to be getting any louder though and once warmed up it disappears only happens on start up

jamieread

Oct 14, 2007
i have started to have this problem but am ordering the vr6/g60 set up today so hopefully should be gone once thats all fitted.

jamieread

Oct 14, 2007
yeah im still on standard clutch at 58k. Im ordering my new clutch and flywheel as we speak.

zacknolden

Apr 23, 2008
Hi all,

My beeza has had this for a while now but it has started to get louder.

I'll be driving normally, not ragging it and it'll reach temp fine. When I arrive at my destination and park up with car running I can hear a rattle coming from the left side of the engine (as you look at it).

I wasn;t sure what it was and cannot make out anything moving that shouldn't be. I then dipped the clutch and it went. Gone, nothing. I take my foot off the clutch and it comes back.

Recently I have noticed its quite loud when off the clutch and is faint when dipped.

Any ideas? Clutch? Bearing?

Thanks guys

Great lol

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.