Can you convince me????

bizzaboy

The picture of the car will alert you when doors are open - with the actual door showing as a graphic.
Red is a nice colour for the Cupra, will show off the curves and detailing on the bumpers nicely! :)

While I am more than happy with mine in Black, Red would definately be my 2nd choice.

IanG

Aug 23, 2007
Well as a current owner of an 08 Type R GT (Soon to be replaced by a facelift FR TDI[B)]) I would go for the Cupra.

The Honda has without doubt a very nice engine but there are many reasons why I wouldn't have another one:

Poor quality paint - It excels at Stone chips and swirls
Squeeks and rattles
Rear visibility is poor
Ride quality is awful car bounces along the road - My poor back!!
Interior plastics aren't very good quality
Spongy brakes and loads of brake dust on rear wheels
Seats have no "memory function"

I could go on :rolleyes:

Poverty

Have you driven a cupra. If you did and liked it then just wait till you map it. Completely transforms the car.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Cupra is faster than the Type R. Cupra is more powerful than the Type R. Cupra has more Torque than the Type R. Cupra is rarer than the Type R. Cupra has better brakes than the Type R. Cupra looks better than the Type R. Cupra is more practical than the Type R. Cupra is more easily tunable than the Type R.

Type R has better interior than the Cupra and an addictive (albeit 20% less powerful) engine.

Cupra wins, but yellow is down to personal choice. I would avoid yellow as it is a marmite colour some love and most hate, and when you come to sell it, this will defo be a factor in the next buyers mind.

everything said here should convince you except the colour point , yellow is normally associated with a marmite colour but it suits the Leon down to the ground , when i went to a meet with my girlfreind in her black leon mine stood out and got the most attention.
tbh i dont like it in red looks bulky , black looks boring white or yellow was my choice ,but white was a new colour , dont be put off with resale tales about yellow either , as i said its associated with the SEAT brand and the buyers know this.

tbh dont know a lot about the new type r except i see a lot in my rear view mirror

Last edited:

leon_in_uk

Feb 14, 2009
Tamworth
ha ha, cool. i was thinking that red didnt look as nice on the cupra either. its not the red you get on the civic. and looks boring with the black plastic on the back. so i think it may have to be yellow. just hope i still get the excitment out of it as i did in my porsche 287 boxster.

the thing is, i will do loads of work on it! 1st job maybe a map, then body kit, maybe black alloys! lol so i dont think i will get bored

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Red is best ;)

28022009155.jpg

Rach

Glad to see you've decided on the cupra! mine has bluetooth, wasnt a dealbreaker to have it but it is really good. phone automatically connects when i get in the car and the stereo then cuts off if anyone rings. have been really impressed. Personally, red is the colour for me! had mk leon cupra r in red as well!
Mine was the dealer demo with the side skirts and spoiler already fitted then we had the wheels done gloss black (after i'd kerbed them!) looks ace!

leon_in_uk

Feb 14, 2009
Tamworth
Well im back empty handed!!! I would NEVER recommend STOKE SEAT... they are complete idiots...[:@][:@]:confused:

I have been ringing over the last couple of days to confirm the 2 cars in stock, anyhow before i set off this morning i confirmed the yellow one in stock! even on autotrader still for £12995. asked how many owners etc, tax etc etc. when i got there (after travelling 1 hour) they said the car was sold yesterday!!!!![:@] also the red one they had has done 37k! way too many for me!!! iwas fuming... idiots. they didnt even apologise..[:@]

DJXFM

Hard lines mate, but don't worry, there are loads of Leons out there and Cupras come up quite often. I've just spent the last 3 weeks trawling the internet for my ideal car and I had a choice of 3 identical ones - all locally.

(And yellow!)

MarkyBhoy

Sorry to Hear that but remember " Every Cloud Has a Silver Lining "

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
Well as a current owner of an 08 Type R GT (Soon to be replaced by a facelift FR TDI[B)]) I would go for the Cupra.

The Honda has without doubt a very nice engine but there are many reasons why I wouldn't have another one:

Poor quality paint - It excels at Stone chips and swirls
Squeeks and rattles
Rear visibility is poor
Ride quality is awful car bounces along the road - My poor back!!
Interior plastics aren't very good quality
Spongy brakes and loads of brake dust on rear wheels
Seats have no "memory function"

I could go on :rolleyes:

Poor quality paint - It excels at Stone chips and swirls... agreed yet Seat paint is just as ****
Squeeks and rattles....nowhere near as many rattles as a seat!
Rear visibility is poor....who looks behind them anyway:whistle:
Ride quality is awful car bounces along the road - My poor back!!...should av got an ep3
Interior plastics aren't very good quality....since when have seat started employing soft touch plastic interiors?
Spongy brakes and loads of brake dust on rear wheels... oh no my wheels are dirty
Seats have no "memory function" screw the passenger and my seat never moves!

real petty stuff really

search for common problems with any of the seat range, mafs, window regs, clutch pedals, constant cels....

I will never own a Seat as my main car ever again! I'd consider a mk2 ibiza or cody as my 2nd car quite happily but to live with every day no ta. I used to love my old ibiza but it gave me too many headaches.

Last edited:

fl1nty360

Seat every time...i used to have type r before my fr tdi....mapped the tdi pushes out more bhp (even some standard fr diesels are putting out more than 200bhp) and is faster until you hit about 120 but then its all over....oh and lets not forget the torque of the civic!!! when you fart in the civic it doubles the amount of torque available..

yes the vtec engine is quite addictive but you really have to be in the mood for it...

get the cupra i am sure you will not be disappointed..

IanG

Aug 23, 2007
Poor quality paint - It excels at Stone chips and swirls... agreed yet Seat paint is just as ****
Squeeks and rattles....nowhere near as many rattles as a seat!
Rear visibility is poor....who looks behind them anyway:whistle:
Ride quality is awful car bounces along the road - My poor back!!...should av got an ep3
Interior plastics aren't very good quality....since when have seat started employing soft touch plastic interiors?
Spongy brakes and loads of brake dust on rear wheels... oh no my wheels are dirty
Seats have no "memory function" screw the passenger and my seat never moves!

real petty stuff really

search for common problems with any of the seat range, mafs, window regs, clutch pedals, constant cels....

I will never own a Seat as my main car ever again! I'd consider a mk2 ibiza or cody as my 2nd car quite happily but to live with every day no ta. I used to love my old ibiza but it gave me too many headaches.

So what do you drive an EP3 or FN2?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.