Can you convince me????

IanG

Aug 23, 2007
Well you'll probably find that the EP3 is a much better built car than the FN2 where the build quality is shocking and the ride is atrocious

Poverty

Poor quality paint - It excels at Stone chips and swirls... agreed yet Seat paint is just as ****
Squeeks and rattles....nowhere near as many rattles as a seat!
Rear visibility is poor....who looks behind them anyway:whistle:
Ride quality is awful car bounces along the road - My poor back!!...should av got an ep3
Interior plastics aren't very good quality....since when have seat started employing soft touch plastic interiors?
Spongy brakes and loads of brake dust on rear wheels... oh no my wheels are dirty
Seats have no "memory function" screw the passenger and my seat never moves!

real petty stuff really

search for common problems with any of the seat range, mafs, window regs, clutch pedals, constant cels....

I will never own a Seat as my main car ever again! I'd consider a mk2 ibiza or cody as my 2nd car quite happily but to live with every day no ta. I used to love my old ibiza but it gave me too many headaches.

contrary to popular SCN belief SEAT paint work is to a very high standard, the same standard as the rest of the "common folk" VAG range ie barring bugatti etc.

I agree the ibiza rattled like a good un but my leon has so far been rattle free and its so much fun blowing past type r's and and vxrs as if they are going backwards with the easy to obtain over 310bhp and 330 lbft.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
contrary to popular SCN belief SEAT paint work is to a very high standard, the same standard as the rest of the "common folk" VAG range ie barring bugatti etc.

I agree the ibiza rattled like a good un but my leon has so far been rattle free and its so much fun blowing past type r's and and vxrs as if they are going backwards with the easy to obtain over 310bhp and 330 lbft.

hmmm dont quite agree mate tbh , the front end is prone to stone chips , the paint on the mk2 is a lot harder than the mk1 , but i wouldnt say the paintwork is great , tbh depends on what colour you get , i just hope my chrono yellow doesnt suffer the same problems the guys had with their ovni mk1's

btw your car mapped now?

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
hmmm dont quite agree mate tbh , the front end is prone to stone chips.

a agree, the mk2 still chips, alot, but i suppose it depends on whats getting thrown up off the road. you can blame the car manufacturers giving in to the tree huggers and going to water based paints for todays 'soft' paints.

and my 2p worth on type r's. i have 2 mates that both had one and both got shot within a year, both had major gearbox problems. one has bought an fr (which he reckons is quicker/better than the type r), and the other bought a clio cup, which he also highly rates.

has the original poster found a cupra yet?

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
seat paint is shockingly thin and chips/marks very easily. having owned 2 seats in the last 5 years I cant accept that its improved that much. claiming it to be the same standard to the rest of vag is an epic fail!

cost cutting measures make the difference between Audi's, VW's and Seats. If you think a veyron is painted at the same standard as a mk2 cupra you need to get out more. Newer Seats might be slightly more resistant but is still comparable to Honda

Last edited:

Poverty

hmmm dont quite agree mate tbh , the front end is prone to stone chips , the paint on the mk2 is a lot harder than the mk1 , but i wouldnt say the paintwork is great , tbh depends on what colour you get , i just hope my chrono yellow doesnt suffer the same problems the guys had with their ovni mk1's

btw your car mapped now?

Its not my words or opinion on SEAT paint but instead a detailer tested a mk2 leon and said it wa sthe same quality as the rest of the common VAG range, so take that as you will but yes my cupra has got loads of stone chips on the front bumper also but that happens when you like to play with other cars occassionally.

Rob pm sent.

Poverty

seat paint is shockingly thin and chips/marks very easily. having owned 2 seats in the last 5 years I cant accept that its improved that much. claiming it to be the same standard to the rest of vag is an epic fail!

cost cutting measures make the difference between Audi's, VW's and Seats. If you think a veyron is painted at the same standard as a mk2 cupra you need to get out more. Newer Seats might be slightly more resistant but is still comparable to Honda

There is a thread on this site somewhere about SEAT paint and people in the know have said its up to the same standard. Dont forget that VAG builds SEATs, audi's, vw and skodas in the same factories model dependant, using the same painting equipment.

Never said the veyron and leon were painted to the same standard, I said that they werent :doh:

betts

chasing horses
May 22, 2009
nottingham
ive just traded my ep3 in for an 07 cupra and very impressed with the seat the build quality is alot better and you dont have to thrash the life out of it to have some fun, dont get me wrong the civic was a good car but the cupra's a great car.
get the cupra you wont be dissapointed it would cost probably£2000 to get 240bhp out of a civic aswell

leon_in_uk

Feb 14, 2009
Tamworth
can you comment on the ride difference in the 2 cars?? which is firmer???? i test drove the cupra and it did seem very firm. cant remember the type r to be as firm as people say.

Bora

Jul 26, 2002
Visit site
Barlows Wolverhaampton had a red one on ofrecourt for about 12k but its not on the used car site, in fact all the ones on the used site weren't at the dealer!!

Well if you look at the yellow one its behind that one!!

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
Dont forget that VAG builds SEATs, audi's, vw and skodas in the same factories model dependant, using the same painting equipment.

hmmm not really, most seat parts are actually made in spain or atleast mine were, I took them apart alot and pretty much every bit of plastic or metal had made in spain stamped on the inside

leon_in_uk

Feb 14, 2009
Tamworth
yea its for £12,750 07 reg but 37k on the clock. way too many in my eyes! what you guys think? and stoke seat are advertising the 2 yellow cupras for 12995 when they dont even have them!!

betts

chasing horses
May 22, 2009
nottingham
i brought one of the yellow one's from barlows i got an 07 with 9000 on the clock for 12500 they gave 4400 for my civic

whiteside44

I'm sure you'll find one in time at the right price for you, just need to be patient eh!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.