1 year on with my LCR

Rarpuc

Jun 28, 2008
west of scotland
Well it has been almost a year exactly since i picked up my black 55plate LCR and thought since the majority of posts on here are people reposrting or seeking assistance with problems i thought i post some positive news for a change.
As i said had my LCR for a year now,when i got it,it had 68k on the clock,a hell of alot i know for a 55 plate but it had been a company vechicle so had been serviced every 10k on the dot which i this case resulted in 1 service every 6 months,it had new tyres all round and new front brakes discs and pads and was in pretty good nick for what had been a working car so i snapped it up and so far it has been bl00dy amazing! It has just passed its MOT with no problems what so ever,had one service with me which i got the timing belt and water pump changed and 2 weeks ago it took me all the way to the goodwood festival of speed and back and didnt skip a beat once,i have had no problems and the only thing i have had to change is the 2 front tyres and thanks to the advice from peeps on here i ditched the woeful pirellis and went for the eagle F1s which i think are fantastic. Now sitting on 81k and still going strong so just proves what tough,well built cars they are and that if properly maintained mileage isnt a problem and i look forward to a good few more years in my LCR.
:D:D:D

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Good to hear bud,
I'm at almost 100,000 and the cars getting some track action now aswell.
As above never skipped a beat, original coil packs and MAF since new

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
Same here mate - 54plate with 44k - and only money spent on upgrades or consumables.

(Excluding couple of problems caused by using below-par mechanics)

Rarpuc

Jun 28, 2008
west of scotland
Ive so far resisted the temptation for any modifications but that said i am more than pleased with the cars standard performance.Would like to upgrade the suspension though as the crashy ride can be a bit annoying at times but other than that i have no immediate desire to do anything.

andy3024

Hey chaps just thought i'd join in got 96,000 almost on my 03 plate cupra still drives like a dream no bits of interior falling off, they are built to last :happy:

mjt

Jul 12, 2008
i've just worked out that i've spent (not including petrol and insurance) almost €5000 on servicing and fixing things on my car since i bought it last august :/

and it's still got a busted compressor :(
maybe i'm just unlucky..

split boost pipe, cv joint, broken coil, busted shock, belt tensioner, sump guards, arch linings..
all this **** adds up unfortunately

at least everything that can break, has broken :p

Last edited:

Cupra_power

torque ain't cheap
Nov 1, 2004
the burbs...
Had mine for coming on 5 years now, only got 41000 Miles on it though, had a radiator hose pop off and a remote pack up under warranty, door seals done and had to replace both fans, besides normal consumables like brake pads etc. Not as reliable as my previous Cupra but okay for a 5 year old car. Fuel consumption is good for the power, and I have no idea what I could replace it with considering the looks, performance and practicality of the car, as the new Cupra does not have the same appeal.

lee_woollett

Jan 19, 2009
northampton
in 6 months of ownership of 2000 Cupra, all i've had to buy in the way of consumables is a new MAF. I've also replaced the DV for a forge 007 but other than that it's been the most reliable car i've had for years. Service coming soon (i'm approaching 90k soon) so a little more money to spend but i'll do all the work myself. No rattles from interior to speak of.

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
Another good thing about SEAT ownership is the quality of this forum over many of the others. People on here really want to help each other and offer advice on performance upgrades as well as maintanence issues. Compared to some of the other forums around, its leagues ahead. Have you ever been on the civictype-r.co.uk forum? I was looking at buying an EP3 before I opted for the LCR, but that forum is unreadable at the best of times - I think the average mental age on there must be about 13yrs old.

So as well as a thumbs up for the car, here another for the forum!