remote key reciever / help needed

hi,
since i bought my 1.4 my remote key has not worked,
central locking works fine,
light comes on on the key when i press the buttons but nothing happens,
i have searched on this forum hundreds of times and tried every re-coding procedure there is to try and it still doesnt work,

i have also taken the key apart and cleaned it/changed the battery but still nothing,

so now im pretty sure its the reciever that recieves the signal from the key that is faulty,

my question is, does anyone know were the reciever is located? wot it looks like? how it works? is it easy to replace?

i know thats more than one question, i have a friend who is going to try and fix this for me but he has asked me to ask about it on here to try and get some idea of how to fix it,

any help would be massivly apreciated

took the key apart today and cleaned everything , changed the battery still no luck,

we are sure it is wot ever recieves the signal of the remote key in the car (some sort of recier) but we dont have any idea were to look for it, if i new were and wot it was i would buy a new one,

do any of the seat experts here know wot and were it is??

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
is your key flashing 5 times when activated ??

have you tried coding another remote yet ? even a used one can be tried from another car temporarily

from memory i thought the control unit is mounted to the underside of the dash by the speedo cluster but i'll check

yes the key flashes 5 times but the doors do not unlock and then lock themselves, in fact the car doesnt respond at all,

the central locking works fine if you put the key in the door or push the door lock button inside the car so it is not faulty central locking,

i will try my friends seat key from his cupra later, thing is if i try with his key will i be able to program it back to his car afterwards?

thanks for you help

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
flashing ok is a good sign but they can still be 50/50 at the best of times

just to be 100% sure lock test it from both doors but sounds ok on button so sounds good to me

if ya mates key is from a mk2/mk3 then yes be a good test as you know his works and as the remotes are 'braindead' they can be coded to 10 cars one after another no worries and back to his after

the coding process sends the info to the key hence the 5 flashes for recieveing mode

as you know his is all working good - test the coding procedure on his first for practice

tried my friends remote in my car and when i recoded it ,,,,,IT ACTUALLY WORKED!!!:D:D
i couldnt believe it, so it looks like i need a new remote for my key and then it will work fine,

a locksmith tested my key asell and said its obviously not putting out the right frequency,

were can i ge a new key from, are there any better keys than the standard one that are easy to program to my car,

also how much are they??

cruising03uk

street sleeper
May 10, 2006
north london
tried my friends remote in my car and when i recoded it ,,,,,IT ACTUALLY WORKED!!!:D:D
i couldnt believe it, so it looks like i need a new remote for my key and then it will work fine,

a locksmith tested my key asell and said its obviously not putting out the right frequency,

were can i ge a new key from, are there any better keys than the standard one that are easy to program to my car,

also how much are they??

howdid you programme it if you dont mind me asking i having same problem

Feb 25, 2007
cheshire
key in the ignition-shut the doos-turn igntion on turn it off take the key out and hold the lock button on the fob while you press on the unlock button 3 times the led should flash 5 times and your doors unlock and lock on there own then its coded

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
£35 ish !!! from the dealer - or wander round the scrappers to see if you can swipe a used one

so all sorted and tested then :):)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise