Stripped Out Leon

elliott87

May 27, 2008
Edinburgh
is there any1 on here stripped out their leon and got pics? i know usually, stripping out the interior of a car is usually only done in a 3 door, so i wanted to see it looks like on a leon. mt mate has stripped out his car, and holy sh*t, what a massive difference. by stripped out i mean, rear seats, door cards, boot lining, everything in the rear bassically

jamiebennett81

once I have paid off the loan and have a daily driver, this is exactly what I will be doing with mine, stripping and tracking her

the electric leather seats in mine must weigh an absolute ton!!

Murdered LCR

Wide mouthed mofo
Sep 9, 2006
Murder Inc.
i have taken all my seat out and carpets and boot trim befor it sounds like an animal and is scary quick but i hated only taking one person out and i use the back seats ;) for er shopping lol

Jonny

slightly insane monkey
Jul 5, 2005
South Wales
Not quite what you were after, but it's the best I have :p

Picture377.jpg

Picture387.jpg

Picture386.jpg

Picture385.jpg

Picture384.jpg

Picture376.jpg

This was my old FR... was fitting the black interior trim / head lining / Recaro's from an 'R'

Gave up building a LCR 'look-a-like' and bought the real thing instead (kept the Recaro's though, obviously!) :)

Jonny

slightly insane monkey
Jul 5, 2005
South Wales
No idea how much weight you'd save by stripping it out... the biggest weight savings would be the uprights of the rear seats - the double size one is about the same as the spare wheel & tyre from what I can remember... I would guess with all plastics, door cards, trims, carpets, rear seats, spare wheel & tool kit is around 75kgs, give or take??? :shrug: If you intended to only use the car as a trrack tool & had another daily driver, you could strip out a whole load of other stuff, ditch the climate control, get rid of non-essential wiring... :whistle:

Few more pics here >>> http://www.mercadoracing.org/5/219148/seat-leon-cupra-r-tope-grupo-n-de-rallyes-.html

Last edited:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Well gents pictures of a stripped out LCR will be with your soon:)
I'm away to strip my car out this weekend (at the SCN National meet)
If your there you'll see it, if not I'll get pictures up

JamJay

California Bound
There used to be an old industrial estate in my area, probably dating back to the 70's or something, maybe earlier as it had train lines going into it for deliveries rather than roads and also a few old locomotives that were fun to play on when I was a bit younger. Anyway, they used to have a weighing depot in there and as it was unused, you could drive you car on to it, I remember a few RST's etc going on there (long before I could drive though). Would have been great for an exercise like this, shame it's gone :(

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
How was the drive back Willie? i also found your knife in my car :whistle: i will post it to you with the sun visors do you still want the glove box as i remember you saying you where going for the single CD player.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.