Flip Key

Mat

Was thinking yesterday, is it possible to turn our key into a flip key like the Mk4's? I would assume it is.

If so, has anyone ever done it?

dandan1987

yes u can, not cheap tho. an not really worth it if you dont allready have central locking.

Mat

yeah i have central locking

cheers swordjo: couldn't find the link :D

ian_cupra

dont see the point, when do you sit there looking at your key! :lol:

SmallEngine

dont see the point, when do you sit there looking at your key! :lol:

Well, people put anodised alloy gear knobs on (halfords sell a lot of knobs I'm told) and when do you sit there looking at your knob?

The flip key is partly styling, but some people also appreciate that when it's in your pocket it doesn't stab you, a lot of people don't have it on ring they just pocket the key seperately. A key alone is a bit small and can spear you if you sit down wrong...

cuprachrissy

I bought a flip key off the for sale section on here, its the right frequency too. I also bought a blank key to get cut but you need to programme it in using vag-com, haven't got around to doing any of the above yet lol

SmallEngine

Having done the research, the frequency is not the deal - all of them are the same, some are marked up differet. However it MUST be a siemens, likely from a Galaxy/Alhambra/Sharan, from previous posts:

"The remote you need is from the alhambra 2001 onwards model (the 7M3959753 number is the SEAT part number)"

I bought a flip key off the for sale section on here, its the right frequency too. I also bought a blank key to get cut but you need to programme it in using vag-com, haven't got around to doing any of the above yet lol

cuprachrissy

Having done the research, the frequency is not the deal - all of them are the same, some are marked up differet. However it MUST be a siemens, likely from a Galaxy/Alhambra/Sharan, from previous posts:

"The remote you need is from the alhambra 2001 onwards model (the 7M3959753 number is the SEAT part number)"

that is incorrect, you need the right frequency, its been tried and tested

SmallEngine

You do know that the 433 and 434 and other inbetween varients in mhz are all the same frequency, right? Just rounded up or rounded down.

The deal is that the Ibiza and Alhambra/Galaxy use a siemens not a hella, with a different protocol (but the same frequency to my knowledge, in any case it's specific to them) and therefore the generic golf iv etc ones (hella) won't work.

that is incorrect, you need the right frequency, its been tried and tested

Hello mate,

£50 for the top part of the key, but I then need to buy the actual key (£7 on the bay) and I believe i'll still need the bottom casing, which will be another few quid.

Once it's all received i'll have a go at trying to get it to work and report back lol

Jan 31, 2008
Mate i bought a flip key from a TT i think it was, with a new key bit, all i need now is to get the key cut and have it programmed to the car.

Key was about £10.00 with a seat badge on it

Key cut £7.00 ish

Programmed £?? a friend is doing it

It was of ebay the key

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.