Special Edition Cupra R?????

ArosaRacer

Wee man returns in a fL mk2 cupra
Aug 28, 2005
Bayview, Kent
"I'm reluctantly putting him up for sale as he only has 2 seats. He has a full bolt in roll cage fitted by seatsport UK. This can be removed if necessary as I have the back seats, parcel shelf etc... but just don't have the heart to ruin him. "

Thats because they've had the crap ragged out of them, dont buy it!

ArosaRacer

Wee man returns in a fL mk2 cupra
Aug 28, 2005
Bayview, Kent
as far as im aware these were the first R's that seat released, these were the ones that the media got to thrash the living daylights out of, im sure they used one on 5th gear when old spliff needles drove one

Dom Sweeten

Jan 19, 2002
Gloucester
If you look closely - the front seats don't look like recaros. They should go higher up around the base of the head rest if they were.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
I thought these were all sold off very cheaply (ie cheaper than the current asking price) some time back. Had the SEAT graphics on the bodywork etc.

Radeonuk

Oct 12, 2008
Looks like a rockingham car to me. The race school there had a few kitted out with roll cages, graphics etc. I went too look at one when thay were first been sold off 2002ish and yes they were a bit cheaper. At the time people were buying them and returning them back to stock and selling them on.

Jon

Vin-R

Oct 2, 2008
Midlands
sorryy but what a load of old tosh! special edition.. haha, recaros, no chance, ive had recaros in my golfs for over 4yrs, and know exactly whatt they look like. the seats in that are the same as in my LCR, recaro head rests are more rectangular shapedand properly sit into the rest of the seat. and yes, good old needles did rag one of them on 5th gear when thay first came out.

"This can be removed if necessary as I have the back seats, parcel shelf etc... but just don't have the heart to ruin him."

whats he on about, of course he has the back seats, theyre still in the damn car lol haha

So, all in all, this jokers trying to sell an old LCR which yes, has probably been thrashed, im sorry, but 7250 today will buy u a mint mint 55reg LCR with about 30k on it.

Last edited:

Lodgey180

WoOoOoOsShH
May 3, 2008
Middlesbrough
www.mootr.co.uk
these where press release cars. Seat made them for track use.
They where fitted with bolt in rollcage, harnesses and them daft stickers.. Jennings seat (middlesbrough) bought 6 of these in then sold them to a local autodrome for track use( inc this one ) but where sold on again straight away because they where to big

6th.replicant

May 29, 2008
London
Also, the handling might be a bit odd 'cos the 'scaffolding' in the back will add extra weight & raise the c-of-g, aspects that are normally compensated for when a roll-cage is added. D'oh! :cartman:

BCM

Keyboard Gangster
Feb 1, 2005
Wishaw, North Lanarkshire
Recaros - No
2 Seats - No
Crap Cage - Yes
Special Edition - No
Too Expensive - Yes.
Next.

What a twat, he has the back seats folded down and a stupid bolt in cage! Why, its not as if he's a track maniac with standard suspension brakes.

Faisal

UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR
May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
yeah the GJ02 N** are the first Cupra R's released over here in the UK, and it is probably a press release car. I have the same, mine is GJ02 N** too, WITH real recaros and all the optional extras lol...theres nothing "special" about it really,just optional extras on them... but as said,this guys car doesnt even look like it has recaros!

i think its just one of the first over here, making it "special"

dont bother mate