who owns the vr6 mk3 ibiza???

yeh i just found it and its mk2, can this be done to a mk3 does anyone know,

i think that the yellow one has had the vr6 engine in along with the vr6 ecu so it doesnt need to be mapped and all that effort,

im gunna call up strictly dubs and see wot they would recomend putting in it and how much they will charge,

i love my car , enough to take the 1.4 engine out and put something different in , if i bought another car it would be a cupra but id like to have somthing different under the bonnet,
plus ive already uprated the suspension , brakes, and cleaned it up /colour coded it, so it looks really nice, plus its got full leather interior,, its basically got everything but a good engine,

maybe even a g60 engine or sumthing

bobak

Opinionated non-mechanic
May 15, 2008
ye sounds fun. i dont know but would imagine you'd need a new gearbox n clutch no? G60 sounds good but you have to keep rebuilding them... v.expensive

Daymo

Low and Slow..
Jul 22, 2008
Scarborough/Sheffield
if you've got big pockets then anything can be done mate, don't expect it to be cheap thats all im saying, and your always gonna get teething problems when you put something like that in, think off all the things you'll need, i.e minimum 280mm discs, new gearbox, ecu, all the wiring, alot better suspension to cope with the weight of the new engine, then countless hours building the thing. all i'm saying is good luck!!

Daymo

Low and Slow..
Jul 22, 2008
Scarborough/Sheffield
i still think your looking at more than that to be honest though mate, realistically if your doing it yourself, you'll probably encounter more problems,

what engine mounts would you use?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.