Anger

scott99

Came home today at 6am from another lovely night shift to find my car up on stilts on the front end...Asked my old man to bleed the brakes again after he snapped 1 of the rear brakes lines that goes onto the caliper which resulted in me having to spend another £90 on 2 hoses as 1 had a scuff n the other snapped. Some brake fluid and that caliper tool so all in all not happy. So i came home this morning and found car on stilts and turns out that he tried to lift the front end and it drop off the mounts and smashed my radiator and gods whats else!!! So a little bit angry!!!

scott99

Coz hes never done anything stupid like that before when hes fixed cars. I think its his age thats letting him down as hes 50 now. Oh well hes paying and told him if he messes anything else up his 5.0l tvr is mine!

BHP Addict

Back in a SEAT!!
Jan 31, 2006
Birmingham
lol

My grandad brought me my first motor and has helped me mess with my cars since I was about 16 lol

He always seems to know what to do next lol. When I had my corsa it was him that took the engine out (ready for a Redtop conversion) whilst I was at work. He said he didn't have anything to do and it was raining so he couldnt do the garden lol.

He's 69 this year but still helps out where he can. I don't know what I'll do the day he loses interest/ability. No doubt he'll just stand there and shout orders though lol

Hope it's an easy fix mate. Don't be too hard on him. If he has a TVR then it sounds like it was him that got you into cars in the first place lol. (Good swap deal tho) ;)

scott99

Just drawn myself to go and have a look at the damage for myself and hes also snapped a cable (2-cores green+blue and white+red) onto a sensor that is located just below the air con compressor any ideas? Doesnt appear as though anything else is bust...Been quoted about £60 for a new rad from sutton autos factors but vw heron want £160, does this sound right? Which hes being a complete c*** about trying to make me go get it, just so he can have a sit down!

Last edited by a moderator:

scott99

Update managed to get most of the front end stripped down but found that the air con condenser is completely fubar as well so had to order a new one for £65....Bit of a pain in the arse to get that front stripped!!!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.