Intresting review of the new Ibiza Cupra on Pistonheads.

the cat

Like a dog with a bone.
Jul 20, 2004
Geordie Land
:ban: dont read the comments after the article on ph. Not many like the shape of the car or interior and are actually quite rude about it. This is from a bunch of kids who drive around in chaved up corsas! :lol:

Yes, I had the misfortune of reading these. Some of the comments are ridiculous...saying that the interior looks dated etc

If it wasn't for the DSG box, I suspect that SEAT would be onto a winner...most reviews of the mk5 when it came out were positive but said that the chassis could take far more power. It's just a shame that now with the extra power of the cupra, the box ruins it...

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
Yes, I had the misfortune of reading these. Some of the comments are ridiculous...saying that the interior looks dated etc
I have to say, I think the interior does look dated in the photo on Pistonheads, which is what the comments are based on. It looks like it is made from pale grey plastic with a boring steering wheel and peculiar diamond stitched seats. I hope it looks better in reality.

the cat

Like a dog with a bone.
Jul 20, 2004
Geordie Land
Yeah, the picture probably doesn't do it justice. There are better ones around...I think the quilted cloth seats look good actually....there's no accounting for taste though!

Trumpetman21

Fully Membered
Jan 17, 2006
Manchester
Sky Motoring's review of the new Ibiza Cupra:

http://motoring.sky.com/car-reviews/review/seat-ibiza-cupra.aspx

Perfect quote (IMHO):

"What would be great is the choice of a manual gearbox and, in turn, knock about £700 off the price."

And:

"The choice of a manual gearbox would help enormously as would a more aggressive chassis set-up – there's a great driver's car just bursting to leap out.

If it’s a comfortable and sophisticated small car you’re after the Cupra might be just the thing for you. But if you want a hot hatch comfort and sophistication will always play second fiddle to driving pleasure."

jazzdevil

Sky Motoring's review of the new Ibiza Cupra:

http://motoring.sky.com/car-reviews/review/seat-ibiza-cupra.aspx

Perfect quote (IMHO):

"What would be great is the choice of a manual gearbox and, in turn, knock about £700 off the price."

And:

"The choice of a manual gearbox would help enormously as would a more aggressive chassis set-up – there's a great driver's car just bursting to leap out.

If it’s a comfortable and sophisticated small car you’re after the Cupra might be just the thing for you. But if you want a hot hatch comfort and sophistication will always play second fiddle to driving pleasure."

+1 from me then ;)

Trumpetman21

Fully Membered
Jan 17, 2006
Manchester
Aye - the Cupra should be about pure driving pleasure. Hopefully they'll see the error of their ways & we'll have a manual option one day (hopefully it'll be a bit cheaper too! ;)).

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members