Sold my Ibiza and bought this:

MK8

I no, I no, reliability, mpg....but you only live once!

Went to see it yesterday evening, and within an hour it was mine! FMSH and less than 25k on the clock, it was a steal!

Going from a 1.4 Ibiza to this is somewhat different, and I love it.

IMG00045-20090804-1203.jpg

IMG00047-20090804-1203.jpg

IMG00046-20090804-1203.jpg

IMG00048-20090804-1204.jpg

IMG00049-20090804-1204.jpg

IMG00051-20090804-1205.jpg

Still not used to the tail happy RWD in the wet, it definately gets your heart going when it steps out. and the sound is amazing, hopefully Ill have a borla exhaust in within 6 months. 238bhp, (wont mention the torque :whistle:), 6 gears, redlines at 9k with a nice beep. I just love driving it!!

What do you think?

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Nice car but two points of advice.

1. Check the oil ... regularly!!!
2. Do try and drive in a manner on the public roads that doesn't hang the tail out, it's a matter of time before it costs you at least a wheel.
3. Do go on a trackday instruction course :)

MK8

got a litre of 5w-30 in the boot, will be checking once a week. you would think with this engine they would locate the dipstick somewhere with easy access....nope! but its all part of the fun. japanese engineering i guess.

Dont worry, wasnt trying to make the tail hang out on purpose, just got caught off guard, and the roads round mk are really slippery today as im sure youve realised.

Have you been on a trackday instruction course? I wouldnt mind actually, whats the rough price?

MK8

lol yeah will do, its strange, mazda recomends 5w-30 semi synthetic, but mazda forums recomends fuchs Titan XTR which is a synthetic oil.

Will have to clear that one up, found a site that does 5w-30 for 24 pounds delivered for 5l.

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
got a litre of 5w-30 in the boot, will be checking once a week. you would think with this engine they would locate the dipstick somewhere with easy access....nope! but its all part of the fun. japanese engineering i guess.

Dont worry, wasnt trying to make the tail hang out on purpose, just got caught off guard, and the roads round mk are really slippery today as im sure youve realised.

Have you been on a trackday instruction course? I wouldnt mind actually, whats the rough price?

Haven't been on one yet but intend to - as for the roads, yeah they're as greasy as fook today - i'm in a honda jizz for a couple of days whilst they do some work on mine so i'm not noticing the lack of grip as much as i'm noticing the utter lack of any kind of attempt at handling haha

Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
I love the doors on these cars only reason id buy 1 :D my mate has just purchased 1 aswell exact same colour not seen it go yet but ive heard they are pretty quick!

Is there much mods u can do engine wise ive never heard of any rotary engines being tuned :shrug:

Nice car though dude :thumbup:

warren_cox

Back from the dead
My boss has an '07 plate one in red. Eats oil, so he now keeps a full 5 litres in the boot.

Every time he finishes a journey he sits and rev's it for 10-15 seconds at a constant RPM. No idea why, but supposedly it was recommended to him by the dealer?!?!

As Fester says, track day tuition is a must, as you can only really learn properly in that environment, and you owe it to yourself / others, particularly with a car that expensive. Over time you will see significant improvements in your overall driving and be able to exploit SO much more from the car.

Quite an interesting car that I thought I would hate (as it seemed gimmicky). After having been out in it a few times I actually respect and like it quite a lot.

Last edited:

jwilkinson

Oct 12, 2008
nice, my dad's got one in the same colour, great cars but absolutely drinks the petrol as you pointed out!

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Nice car in a nice colour mate, you should have gone for the RX7 and tuned the nuts off it though ;)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members