Ovni Yellow LCR Owners - Wheel Spraying (Help!)

JamJay

California Bound
Hello one and all.

I really need your help. I have my car booked in for a wheel refurb and I have been given a choice of about 100,000 colours to choose from when this is done. I am feeling a silver or grey but it will be a gloss finish rather than the matt finish applied at the factory.

Could I ask you all a favour and get you to post up pics of your cars, with their OEM wheels refinished?

I have been recommended Porche GT Silver as they say is a nice balance between silver and anthracite but it's hard to tell without seeing the colour in the flesh.

Any pic from anywhere much appreciated :)

JamJay

California Bound
I did think about black but I am really undecided on it, I have only seen it on red and it looks good there.

Well because there is kerbing on them it's costing about £60inc VAT per wheel which works out at like £300 as I am getting all 5 done to match.

JamJay

California Bound
I think you might be right Lodgey. I had a look at JonnyJonJons car as he's just had his wheels done in anthracite and they look a little smaller than the silver. There must be a happy medium between the two, I just need to find it.

Maybe something like this (car colour):

2007-Edo-Competition-Porsche-997-Shark-Gray-Front-And-Driver-Side-1920x1440.jpg

Last edited:

Tpot

I really want mine re-done in a glossy anthracite colour.

The black looks cool but I prefer a more OEM look, the shadow chrome looks quality

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
I had mine done in Gloss Anthercite, I dont know the paint code or the shade but they by "Spit & Polish"
DSC00134.jpg

18072009321.jpg

The more light that reflects off them the bigger they will look, If you want to go dark then get a hi gloss finnish.

JamJay

California Bound
Lol, reminds me of and old RS Turbo that was about a few years ago which had one side with a body kit & aftermarket alloys and the other side was completely standard.

I think I might head to halfords and flick through their colour charts but please keep pics coming :)

JamJay

California Bound
Thanks MrBen, that's a nice combo. Still not completely sure on the darkness of the anthracite, maybe a shade lighter than the above Porsche? (Sorry for pics of exotics, they are just the easiest to find).

1372234-640.jpg

3758594861_11b54ed720.jpg

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.