ABS Light and Grinding Brakes

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Since my undertray fell off I have had an intermittent abs light problem (coming on and off sporadically).
When the abs light is off sometimes I have a grinding noise and sensation from the front passenger wheels and in the accelerator pedal when pulling onto off my driveway (slow speed almost full lock) and the abs kicking in very early and noisily (only happened a few times).
I have had the wheels off and looked around, cleaning the sensors but the problem has continued. Can't see any problems with the wiring etc at the front wheels (where i think the problem is) or the sensors.
Has anyone experienced this problem before?

Ollie

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
are the trigger wheels straight and all clean ok? might have damaged one

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
#42 - middle rh side

bolts to the rear of the drive plate, hidden well and tough little feckers so doubtful but worth a spin to see it they are stright 'n' true

407100.png

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
this is the problem i had Ol,....ive had new sensors, new wiring and new bearings and the braing problems i had are now all gone thank odd.

the light does seem to have a life of its own though.

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Ah balls, I thought your abs problem was related to the longer bolts you were running??
Did you get down to what your problem was in the end then?
It did seem to start when my under tray wrapped itself around my nearside wheel :(

Ollie

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
maybe the tray hit the sensor? (sounds unlikely, but more random stuff has happened to cars lol)

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
they are funny little bleeders ABS sensors. The long bolts caused my bearing problems but thats all fixed now. Midland VW couldnt offer me an explnation or quite put there finger on what the problem was. They would fit a brand new ABS sensor then then VAG com would say it was faulty. Ive had lots of wiring replaced and all the problems have now gone but a big bump will send the ABS sensor off only for it to go out a few miles later. If there was a poblem then it would be on all the time.

The spanish were never very good at electrics, almost as bad as the italians !.....everyone who has a speaker that doesnt work please raise your hand.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise