Jerky & power fluctuation

blue51

Jul 21, 2009
SW London
Hello, please help!

When lifting my foot of the accelerator (esp when higher revs), the car jerks forward slightly (making me feel like a learner!) and the power is intermittent (sometimes it's lush, sometimes it's lacking). Have also noticed that just after start up the engine judders for a fraction of a second (starts up fine, 2001 20vt 65K)

I’ve read a few posts that seem to be relevant but don’t know where to start...

1. MAF (clean/replace)

2. Throttle body (clean/replace)
3. Coils- but no eggy smell
4. Plugs - meant to be new at major service three months ago
5. Fuel filter – meant to be new at major service three months ago
6. Leak from hose
7. Lamda sensor
8. Solenoids

9. Clutch / flywheel – hoping not! Car's under warranty (the Gold RAC/TWG one) but diagnosis not covered (costly)

10. Other

All input welcomed!

If anyone is in or near Luton&Dunstable and has vagcom, please could you help me out??

m.r.davies

God's Property
Jun 13, 2006
Cardiff
when you say the car jerks forward when you release the throttle, does it feel as if the car is still accelerating?

if so the dump valve maybe sticking, so either clean it, get a forge 007 or get a new stock one

i had this issue once, let off the throttle and was still accelerating towards a car!

i smelt of poo afterwards

blue51

Jul 21, 2009
SW London
when you say the car jerks forward when you release the throttle, does it feel as if the car is still accelerating?

if so the dump valve maybe sticking, so either clean it, get a forge 007 or get a new stock one

i had this issue once, let off the throttle and was still accelerating towards a car!

haha! I hear leather seats are easier to clean!

no, it doesn't keep accelerating, it feels more like the brake has been applied for a very short time, if that makes sense? accelerate, lift off pedal, jerk forward

blue51

Jul 21, 2009
SW London
Thanks Willie!

I'm going to take it back to the garage I bought it from and ask for a free fix.
If I offer to pay for the uprated mounts, am guessing the garage are more likely to oblige!

Is it a big job to change these, more than an hour?

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Thanks Willie!

I'm going to take it back to the garage I bought it from and ask for a free fix.
If I offer to pay for the uprated mounts, am guessing the garage are more likely to oblige!

Is it a big job to change these, more than an hour?

Not a very big job no. I've changed mine twice and could do it in an hour with trolley and axle stand, so on a ramp it should be no problem

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Get a good hold of your engine and see if you can move it.
TBH at 70,000 miles I would be thinking about changing out these. Even if you were just wanting to stick with OEM, but couldn't see the sense in that as the uprated ones are very well made, give very good support with zero cabin vibrations

Jun 10, 2009
Newbury

I have this problem occasionally do you know what it is? or did you get it fixed?

would really appreciate it.

Jun 10, 2009
Newbury
if i boot it say in first or second for a second and say lift off on full boost, the car will keep accelerating for a second or two after i've lifted off, it doesn't do it all the time.

Cheers mate

m.r.davies

God's Property
Jun 13, 2006
Cardiff
if i boot it say in first or second for a second and say lift off on full boost, the car will keep accelerating for a second or two after i've lifted off, it doesn't do it all the time.

Cheers mate

yep, exactly like my issue, it was solved with a new dump valve as it was sticking

what model is it?
I bought a 2nd hand forge 007 silver DV for £50 from the classified section, and emailed forge to ask for a servicing kit, which they sent me for free (lifetime warrenty i think?)

or you could buy a new standard bosh one from the stealers.

up to you mate, but feel free to get some more advice in case its not this

Mr OCD

May 1, 2008
Manchester, UK
Hello, please help!

When lifting my foot of the accelerator (esp when higher revs), the car jerks forward slightly (making me feel like a learner!) and the power is intermittent (sometimes it's lush, sometimes it's lacking). Have also noticed that just after start up the engine judders for a fraction of a second (starts up fine, 2001 20vt 65K)

I’ve read a few posts that seem to be relevant but don’t know where to start...

1. MAF (clean/replace)

2. Throttle body (clean/replace)
3. Coils- but no eggy smell
4. Plugs - meant to be new at major service three months ago
5. Fuel filter – meant to be new at major service three months ago
6. Leak from hose
7. Lamda sensor
8. Solenoids

9. Clutch / flywheel – hoping not! Car's under warranty (the Gold RAC/TWG one) but diagnosis not covered (costly)

10. Other

All input welcomed!

If anyone is in or near Luton&Dunstable and has vagcom, please could you help me out??

Oil breather leak :)

Faisal

UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR
May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
yep, exactly like my issue, it was solved with a new dump valve as it was sticking

what model is it?
I bought a 2nd hand forge 007 silver DV for £50 from the classified section, and emailed forge to ask for a servicing kit, which they sent me for free (lifetime warrenty i think?)

or you could buy a new standard bosh one from the stealers.

up to you mate, but feel free to get some more advice in case its not this

hey mate,i have a similar problem.↲i

iv just done the n249 bypass and on full throttle everything is smooth,but when im on half throttle and lift off at around 2.5k revs,my car jerks and the dv sounds odd.this only started hapenin after the bypass.iv checked the hoses,everything is tight and i followed a guide here.

What in particular do i need to do when 'servicing' the dv?

Thanks!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise