Window Wipers....WTF!!!!

ianltd

Aug 31, 2008
Powys
Glad you got it sorted mate:D

I must admit, WHEN they work, I think they are among the best wipers I have had - they clear a large amont of area, and look so cool doin' it:D

Cheers,

Ian

mattwarcher

wiper problems

Had a problem a few months ago when both wipers just refused to work. Fortunately it wasn't raining, I just went to clean the screen, water sprayed the screen but the wipers refused to budge. Managed to get to work, phoned the dealer who were usless suggesting a blown fuse when I knew I hadn't overstressed the motor. I took it to a local garage to check out the fuse (which was fine) and after two hours they were still scratching their heads. Dealer again not interested and as it was now raining they suggested I phone the AA as it was part of my new car package.
Mr AA man managed to get them going by just disconnecting the wiper motor and reconnecting it again. Seemed to reset something?? but he didn't really have an answer as to why it went in the first place. Doesn't fill me with confidence and I have now developed wiper OCD by continually checking they are working every few miles! Anyone else had similar problem