You Know You have a mk2 Ibiza When........

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
In my spare wheel:

Usual tools
WD40
Copper Grease
Flashlight
Jump Leads

Everything you need on a cold damp day when its feeling stubborn

I have jump leads and WD40 in the boot and a flashlight in my glovebox.

My car was really stubborn on Saturday. Had been raining most of Friday and quite heavy later on/during the night. Got in the car on Saturday and it started, wasnt running to great, abit lumpy etc but my coolant sensor is needing replaced so just thought it was that. Went to the petrol station. Filled the car and came out, turned the key and nothing. Had to push it from the pump. Got it started but was running really lumpy and misfiring. Ran for a bit then cut out. Got it going again but as soon as I touched the accelerator it died. Ended up spraying wd40 over the ignition coil/dizzy/ht leads. Been fine since then.

valverlimiter

u know when u have a mk2 ibiza when...

u have a couple of less than 5p sized rust bubbles in front of drivers side rear arch! (unless its been sprayed)
what clock speed are people in there 16vs pulling at in 5th at 6200rpm?? (standard sized rims and tyres) mines 132mph on the flat

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
u know when u have a mk2 ibiza when...

u have a couple of less than 5p sized rust bubbles in front of drivers side rear arch! (unless its been sprayed)
what clock speed are people in there 16vs pulling at in 5th at 6200rpm?? (standard sized rims and tyres) mines 132mph on the flat

Your right about the rust 2 out of four of mine have suffered, the other two were sourced from down south where there's less grit.

I've seen down hill with a tail wind 140's on a 16v speedo, it may have have gone higher but it was shaky as hell so was concentrating.

valverlimiter

140s well good. any idea what revs it was pullin? had a mk3 golf gti 16v fews ago and pulled 140 at 6400, only had a filter on it! guna go for another top end run soon

rallyslag3

Mar 23, 2007
**** me I just found a £400 mk2 gti in the kiwi green and I thought nice project rally car for me!
and then I read this!
are they realy that bad?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members