Was my old DV fubared?

cupradan

Original Shinto...
May 12, 2004
Huddersfield
Something weird has happened after I've fitted my new 007P. With the old bosch dv installed the turbo would whistle as it spooled up and then flutter when backing off the throttle. Now Ive installed the forge all you hear is the spool up and then the release of boost, no fluttering.

When I had my LCR a few years ago it didn't have the fluttering sound. I noticed this straight away when I picked the cupra up and even mentioned it to my brother but put it down to the different turbo. Does it sound like the old dv was a bit farked and was stalling the turbo? I wasnt losing boost so never thought about it.

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
If you mean the chatter, its normal with the bosch valve, mine does it and another i know does it. Its a great nose il admit. The forge is a diffrent valve all together hence the diffrence in noise.

cupradan

Original Shinto...
May 12, 2004
Huddersfield
I loved the noise it made. Is there any way of getting it with an aftermarket valve? Is it a byproduct of a diaphram valve?

cupraBHP

try a 50/50 d/v half recirculating and half blow off noise. it might give you that flutter sound what you want.

adiohead

Mar 24, 2005
england
www.zetecs.com
how about the APR R1 valve?

i read somewhere that there's a lot of hype about DV valves. some guy said he was running 330bhp and went back to the standard valve from his 007p :confused:

drue1

May 27, 2009
kent
if you have not done the n249 mod try that as i get a nice flutter and louder dv noise;);)

drue1

May 27, 2009
kent
if you have not done the n249 mod try that as i get a nice flutter and louder dv noise;);)since i did mine this afternoon

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
Would it handle tht boost well :| the diaphram isnt made for hight boost apps.

Not true. The standard will run fine. The reason the OEM valve gets a hard time is that the rubber over years starts to perish and eventually tears. But when there new there strong enough.
Depends on your set up but BT cars dont always run high boost. Mines only 1.5bar max.

adiohead

Mar 24, 2005
england
www.zetecs.com
Not true. The standard will run fine. The reason the OEM valve gets a hard time is that the rubber over years starts to perish and eventually tears. But when there new there strong enough.
Depends on your set up but BT cars dont always run high boost. Mines only 1.5bar max.

yeah, that's what they were saying :)

i think the guy's tuning company (jabba) recommended the standard over the 007p for his car.

found the link again:
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=12828783

wurzel

Jun 2, 2003
East Anglia
Visit site
On a previous LC my dump valve started making a fluttering noise - SEAT diagnosed it as a knackered DV; put a new one and problem solved. You still hear it spooling up and dumping off but it shouldn't sound like a piece of paper flapping in the wind!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise