Interior trim bits *another bit*

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Doncaster / Germany (Army)
Any one know how easy its / the method to remove the trim bit where the cig lighter goes, without breaking anything...?

Also the door trim bits? (The ones that can be replaced with alu trim bits)

Cheers

Last edited:

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Cig Lighter/Mirror Control Base bit is easy, lever with a blunt instrument, do not lever hard on/or protect console part as it will mark
Get parially popped out and pull up front edge, there are 4 clips retaining, 2 on each long edge

The other bits of your post I do not know about but this post today may help

I have the flap on my cig lighter, does thid need to come off 1st??

Cheers

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
I have the flap on my cig lighter, does thid need to come off 1st??

Cheers

On my FR TFSI the whole insert comes out with everything attached......aux/door lock switch/tyre press/traction/cig lighter/mirror control

i.e. the whole long rectangular trim with round ends each end

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
On my FR TFSI the whole insert comes out with everything attached......aux/door lock switch/tyre press/traction/cig lighter/mirror control

i.e. the whole long rectangular trim with round ends each end

I think my aux port is separate, higher up. Ill take a look in a minute. Im wanting to have it painted...

daveclayton

Sep 22, 2008
wakefield
yeah that would look good. ive gone for the gloss black dashboard. the bits that used to be silver...

was sat in mine earlier on today. am so tempted to book it into seat surgeons and go for a black and red theme. and see if they can do something with the door panels. bit fed up of all boring plastic

they fit ok but with the door trims because they sit over the exisitng frames it does leave an edge, its not shape but annoying. I've fitted them since i paid £50 for them but i'd probably say get someone to paint them especially as you don't get the ones for the back doors.

RobsCupra

Oct 21, 2008
Wrexham
All the door handle panel pops off. It can be hard closer in towards the door hinge but start at the edge of the door and it will be fine.

What would you recommend to use to pop the panels off with? I need to do this also as my aux input has come off inside the centr console... :rolleyes:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.