Upgraded speakers HELP

spykeuk

Hi Lads/ladettes.

My uncle has a mark 2 Leon(Thus why i'm posting here). I'm posting on his behalf.

He wants to upgrade the standard speakers and Head unit. Hes apparently found a kit for the speakers on EBAY that are £50. Personally i cant imagine how good they will over the stock speakers. (i own a mark 4 ibiza and i like my speakers)
i was wondering a few things;

How much he'd expect to pay to uprate the components?
What kind of head unit fits into the original dash space?
[B)]

Any help appreciated :D

i dont know much about the sound systems etc sorry.

Poverty

price of the components depends. Find out what ones they are.

And any headunit you want will fit.

Jun 5, 2008
Leeds
speaker can cost anything up to and over £100 you will probably get some reasonable ones for £30 though. There are hundreds of stereos to chose from so just pick one you like

May 13, 2007
if you replace the standard speakers with a quality set upgrade the difference is really good

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
Headunit has been discussed on here so have a little scout around :) Basically, I went for a Sony headunit, Golf MK5 double DIN cage and the MFD Seat facia. Came to about £25 altogether for the parts I needed and £200 for the radio but you will need another cable for the ignition feed to tell the headunit the cars on. People have run one from the live feed but this means the stereo is on all the time unless you take the front panel off (providing it's removable). You will find that an after market stereo will sound a lot better whether you have uprated speakers or not. :)

Danny.

spykeuk

thanks lads. Ill pass the information along

Is replacing the speaker/head unit a long job?

plus what's the mounting depth / any other important information he need to know?

Poverty

Usually quality headunits should just allow you to swap the cables around.

oh and avoid infinity references they are poo. Produce no bass what so ever.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
I have put jl audio speakers in mine and sound the dogs , but its not just a case of changing the speakers to make the most difference , i made mdf baffles think about 32 mm deep iirc and dynamted the doors. :D

Aug 11, 2008
Liverpool
I installed a couple of Hertz components into my front doors, they cost me around £100 and I'm running them off of an Alpine W505R headunit. Its made a world of difference to the sound in my car.. I have however also dynamatted all the doors and boot which has helped no end! :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.