K1... TSI or TFSI

R 20vt J

Ross Jamieson
Mar 29, 2007
Irvine, Scotland
I have just bought a leon cupra k1 and pick it up on Saturday Morning.

Just trying to get insurance but some companies say the car is a tsi and some say it is a tfsi! Could anyone tell me exactly what a k1 is? As the quotes are pretty different in price, but i dont want to insure the wrong one.

I can't check the log book as the garage have it.

Thanks in advance, Ross.

R 20vt J

Ross Jamieson
Mar 29, 2007
Irvine, Scotland
No, its the same with every company!

When i put my reg number in it comes up tsi and is 4k but some companys have it as a tfsi and it is a lot cheaper. One company has the option for k1 so i think i am going to go for that.

2zeroalpha

Chippin at the chalkface
Feb 12, 2008
Yorkshire
My insurance certificate said k1 FSI T

Go figure. Make sure you do the full spread of searches starting with compare the market, followed by confused.com and check directline (they were excellent when I was still building no claims).

R 20vt J

Ross Jamieson
Mar 29, 2007
Irvine, Scotland
i do not bad lol

Well My mum thinks its because the car was registered in jan 09 that it is a tsi. It is a 58 plate.

I think I am going to insure it as a tfsi k1, but just worried because if it is wrong and i get pulled my insurance could be void?

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Even if I had money coming out of my ears I don't think I could seriously pay £4k for insurance on a car. Whatever makes you happy though.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Well if you can afford it and don't mind paying a massive premium for a nice motor then why not, rather you than me though fella ;)

R 20vt J

Ross Jamieson
Mar 29, 2007
Irvine, Scotland
I was 2500 on my mk3 cupra so it aint much of a jump. Because of my convictions four years ago anything i insure will be over 2k so i might aswell go for a car i want lol

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
To me, it looks like they are getting the Cupra and FR models mixed up rather than the TFSI TSI.

I could see the Cupra being £4k and the FR being £2700 rather than the TFSI and FSI thing.

Last thing you want to do is get it wrong and then prang your car. Instead of putting your reg number in, put the vehicle details in as Leon Cupra 240 or ring them just to make sure.

I cant seriously believe a £1400 difference would show for exact same cars in their database?

predo

Dec 26, 2005
Edinburgh
from 08 I think FR's use labeling TSI, at least thats whats on my engine.

Insurers database are full of cr*p to be honest, 2 or 3 big ones I tried couldn't find details of the car by REG but when I did a search through price comparison website they came up with car model just fine... go figure...

also it worth mentioning that EXACTLY the same deal on comparethemarket was £100 cheaper then directly with Elephant Insurance.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.