Bluetooth connection problems with iPhone 3GS

mds1256

Facelift Leon Cupra
Jan 7, 2007
What bluetooth system do you have, is it the one that just plugs in to the standard stereo?

as Seat Garage told me that my bluetooth cannot be updated?

can you scan and email me the invoice you received?

Cheers

FR Scott

Hi Guys,

I have just taken receipt of my new Iphone 3gs and am keen to see if I have any connection issues as above, there is however there is one thing currently standing in my way....... I have forgotten (and can’t seem to find anywhere) the default Bluetooth pass code, can anyone remember what this is?? :banghead2

I did get if of here in the first place from the 'communications manual' (or similar) that someone kindly uploaded.

Cheers
Scott

FR Scott

It's 1234. :)

Cheers matey.

Will report back on any connection problems, got a feeling its gonna be the same as everyone else so I may be asking nicely for a fax of the update description to take in as ammunition.

Scott

Thor_Asgard

Jan 28, 2007
Somerset,UK
What bluetooth system do you have, is it the one that just plugs in to the standard stereo?

as Seat Garage told me that my bluetooth cannot be updated?

can you scan and email me the invoice you received?

Cheers

Hi,

When i orderd the car i had the Satnav and the Bluetooth communications pack as well
So its the one fitted by Seat
I was not invoiced for the update, i was just given the prinout from the update
If you look at my previous post's you can see some of the extracts from the update

If you still need more info let me know and i can try and scan the pages and mail them to you

:D

penfold uk

i've just bought a 09 leon fr and my iphone 3gs drops the bluetooth signal every now again. a tad annoying , will be interesting to see if there's a solution. SOON.:think:

Glovepup

Cupra Lova
May 27, 2006
Sevenoaks, Kent
I took my car to the garage to have the aircon fixed, mentioned the bluetooth update. They were not aware of it, anyway I got a call to say they had fixed the aircon and my bluetooth has been updated.

Apparently the update sorts out disconnection issues, allows the system to speak french and one other thing was fixed but could not remember what. That was easier than I thought it would be! I did not expect them to just update it.

Stupra

Mar 25, 2008
West Yorkshire
Guys.

For what its worth. I had a K1, bought a Samsung Jet S800 phone, it did exactly the same as the iphone, drops bluetooth connection every so often, but my old Sony W890i was spot on.

This week, I got my Exeo ST. I connected the trusty Sony Ericsson W890i, not a problem (except it insists on putting surname first (no, I cant seem to change it either))
The Exeo Bluetooth is called "Seat 2831", not the UHV that a Leon has. I connected the Samsung, hoping it would perform correctly, but it too disconnects every so often.

Can we assume it is a phone thing (or is it caused by external forces??) I used to notice the Sony disconnected sometimes at a certain filling station, then re-connect on its own.

My thoughts are its not the car. It has to be the phone, judging by my experiences I have found above.

Anyone got any thoughts on this please??

Stu

ramon18

I'll buy a iPhone 3Gs as soon as its available in my country (Portugal).
Any update on this issue? 3.0.1 fw solves anything?

thanks

Stupra

Mar 25, 2008
West Yorkshire
Guys,

A snippet off the Renault website,

Question:
Why does my telephone disconnect and reconnect itself to the system from time to time when I am driving my vehicle
Answer:
Some telephones have standby or energy-saving functions that operate in Bluetooth mode. These functions may cause inadvertent disconnection when used with the multimedia system. For optimum and safe use of the multimedia system we advise you to deactivate these functions. For details on how to do this, please refer to the instructions manual for your telephone.

Ok, thoughts please!!

mds1256

Facelift Leon Cupra
Jan 7, 2007
just thought i can confirm that the new update does NOT solve iphone disconnection issues.

dealer plugged in the machine to find the latest file already on my car and the car is an april 2008 fr tdi. so the latest update is actually about 2 years old now and no other update has been produced.

I now have 3.1.2 on my iphone with newest baseband firmware so will so if that solves the problem

Redwards

This is my first message on this forum, I goggled 'blue tooth connectivity problems with Iphone 3GS' and this popped up. I drive a Leon Stylance '58 plate and previously have had no problems with my phone connecting to the factory fit blue tooth kit, that is until I got my Iphone 3GS!! It didn't affect my last LG phone which worked perfectly.

I haven't found any trick to help apart from the ones on this site but thought I'd post this to show that others are experience the same annoyance with an otherwise amazing phone!

I agree, the 3GS is an amazing gadget. Hence I can forgive it the annoying disconnections. I'm now on v3.1.2 of the iPhone software too, and can confirm that it does not fix the issue.

The only way I've found so far to guarantee no disconnections is to turn off all the powersaving and literally leave the phone switched on, but that's not really a solution as it kills the battery.

Redwards

I have a friend who works for O2, I'll drop him an email and see if he's got any suggestions

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Pardon...:whistle:

A mate managed to help me fix the volume issue of the bongs!

However I'm very glad he did because I had to press the call activation on the steering wheel and give a voice command for 'Help' from the telephone menu. When the ladies voice came on asking which one of the services I required help on, you turn down the call volume of the steering wheel and it fixes the issue.

However Audi said I had a faulty armrest at the last service so they replaced it. Ever since then I've been getting BASEPLATE errors in VAGCOM, and supposedly the baseplate is located in the armrest:rolleyes: Cheers Audi!!! I suppose I only paid £500 for the telephone system so Audi Ridgeway won't mind if it doesn't work :censored:

Even after most recent updates I've been getting disconnections, but I've noticed it tends to be when passing my local petrol station. I then noted this is an area of really weak 1/0 bar GRPS signal. Don't know if this has any relelvance.