Yaw sensor problem!

Dan_B

Okay need some help tried loads of searches on here but no luck!
Does anyone know where the yaw sensor is located in my facelift leon cupra?
Thanks Dan

Last edited by a moderator:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
There are accelerometers in the LCR at the front LHS of the passengers seat and the drivers seats.
This is underneath the carpet.
Might not be in the same place in the LC but good place to try if you have no other ideas

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
bcstudent wrote
Seriously?

Seriously.

The ESP system has sensors for fore-and-aft acceleration and side-to-side acceleration (yaw) and a sensor to measure how far the steering wheel is turned.

The yaw sensor (G200 - Transverse acceleration sensor) is located with the steering angle sensor (G202) on the steering column. up underneath the lower dash panel, I think.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Muttley

Do you know if by removing these sensors and the ABS sonsors the car will still drive happily?
Thinking about removing the ABS one anyway to allow me to trail brake into corners on the track to get the arse out a bit

This is OBVIOUSLY not recommended for a road going car

Dan_B

Thanks for your help, but i "seriously" couldn't find where it was lol, i knew what it was and what it did but nothing told me exactly wher it was on the car! cheers dan

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
Willie, ESP can be turned off, but ABS can't. You could try taking the fuse out. Badger Bill may know more - he's into track cars from what I can tell.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members