Am I mad ? Looking at Mk3 Toledo's ?

Justa

Nov 24, 2007
Derby
Really prefer the ALtea but the model i want is too much £££

The Toledo is less - I understand why, looks divide opinion etc

Does this make it a good 2nd hand buy or would I find it too difficult to move on in the future ?

Looking at the 2.0 Tdi Sport if that makes any difference..

cheers

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Buy Cheap, and only if you intend on keeping it until it owes you nothing (because it will be worth very little, very soon)

Nice cars, just fell out of the ugly & pointless tree as soon as SEAT launched the Altea XL

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
I also don't quite understand the point of the mark 3 toledo. They had the hatchback Leon, the people carrier Altea, why not stick with a saloon in the range? If I see a SEAT badge, I really struggle to see at first glance whether its a Leon, Altea or Toledo as it goes past.

It does seem that they are destined for the same resale value as the mark 2 Toledo's. Which is by no means a bad thing, but it really needs to be someone else taking the big hit, and you picking it up for peanuts. And then you get alot of car with VAG underpinnings (and faults unfortunately) for less than the equivalent Golf. I still struggle to comprehend just how little money I got my Mark 2 V5 for, and according to Parkers its actually about right!!!

Oh yeah, and typically a good diesel will cost more than the equivalent petrol. But an automatic is also worth more than a manual, go figure!!

Last edited:

shorty40

Jul 24, 2009
Belfast
I bought a 2005 19tdi toledo about 2 months ago and I love it. It is a great car and as for its looks it only seems to other Seat owners who think its ugly, all my work mates and friends think it looks excellent. :D:D

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
i personally dont think its ugly myself, i mean it looks just like an altea from the front. the only thing that lets it down is the rear

Justa

Nov 24, 2007
Derby
I bought a 2005 19tdi toledo about 2 months ago and I love it. It is a great car and as for its looks it only seems to other Seat owners who think its ugly, all my work mates and friends think it looks excellent. :D:D

do you mind me asking how much you paid for it ?

thanks

20vt Tony

Oct 16, 2006
Edwinstowe, Notts
I picked up a 56 plate 1.9 tdi Stylance on Saturday, was a bit unsure on the looks at first, but mine has the bodykit and 18 " alloys in looks the business! Drives excellent, good fuel economy, comfy and plenty of room for the family! Also pleased with the amount of car for the money....couldn't find a similar spec diesel with 25k on for anywhere near what i paid for it!!

Signed a happy Toledo owner

shorty40

Jul 24, 2009
Belfast
do you mind me asking how much you paid for it ?

thanks

£5300, it seems a fair price for a lot of car, dealers asking price was £5995,
19 tdi stylance, Luna grey, 60k miles, full services history, one owner who was a minister interior is immaculate. I have covered over 2.5k miles in 2 months, average mpg on computer 48 mpg. well pleased.:funk::funk:

conkerman

Oct 18, 2006
I bought a new 56 plate 1.9 TDI reference. Its been great :)

Bit of a munter though.

Conks

trackzero

I picked up a 56 plate 1.9 tdi Stylance on Saturday, was a bit unsure on the looks at first, but mine has the bodykit and 18 " alloys in looks the business! Drives excellent, good fuel economy, comfy and plenty of room for the family! Also pleased with the amount of car for the money....couldn't find a similar spec diesel with 25k on for anywhere near what i paid for it!!

Signed a happy Toledo owner

Totally agree with you i am owner of Seat Toledo (2008) 2.0 TDI 103KW Stylance + some addons. I am very pleased with the car and i dont even see the difference between any of Altea models except the rear part which is quite subjective thing!
So new Toledo MORE THEN WORTH BUYING!

P.S. Tony dont you mind to add me on msn or send me msg with your mail i wanna ask u something related to toledo, thank you very much!

snappertpm

I also bought a secondhand 2.0TDi DSG and frankly there is nothing that provides the same spec, performance, and mile eating ability for your money. And why be a sheep....the Toledo looked a bit extreme when it was launched but now??? There are many models out now that challenge opinion. Go buy now!:D

Leonidas

They actually can be done up a bit to look nice!!! Like this one...........

07-sport-black-fs-s2.jpg

desmaxsum

Well

:funk:opinions are varied as you stated, I drive a Black magic Mk 3 Toledo 2.0 140 TDI with full JE Designs kit, 18" rims, lowered c/w full Remus stainless system and I flaming well love it, not many around and it looks well.

Get alot of people saying how different it is and how it does look well, but park next to a stock model and you can see the difference.

Would post picture but not yet got enough posts to do so!!!!
:funk:

UPDATE!!!!

Pictures posted on readers rides, 2 to be getting on with!!!! More will follow.

Last edited by a moderator:

flyer263

Had my 1.9TDI MK3 Reference for a couple of weeks now and still loving it. The bit about the boot, I can accept it's not to everone's tastes but as I've had a couple of estate cars previous to this one, the size of the boot suits me well.
The cabin has lots of room without the feel of a big MPV, drives great and I'm still finding out things about it that impresses me more.
As it's a Reference it misses out on the higher spec for gadgets and stuff but the basic model still manages to give you the CD player, air conditioning, traction control system, remote locking and more. All things my previous cars didn't have. Very pleased with the car and would advise anyone to get one if they can live with the boot!

davidgrey

Toledo sport TDI LTR

Hi guys
Bought my toledo 5 years ago now with 300 miles on the clock, at the time many of my mates liked the style of the car. but the altea took some of that away. never mind its been a great motor. done 81k now. never any problems. loads of boot space, drives well, ride is a little hard, very economical.

Just had cambelt changed!:clap:

Toledo 2 ltr TDI Sport

Last edited by a moderator:

Chughes92uk

I got a 55 plate 2.0 TDi Sport which was a compromise as I was looking at 4 year old Golf GTTDi s at the time with 3 month warranty!

It had 7k on the clock at the time,previously owned by Seat, has far better equipment that the Golf, Cruise, Dual Climate, 17" Alloys, MP3, Audi trip computer, tints, great interior, loads of space (I have 2 kids, one still in very large buggy) great MPG. The looks aren't great, but I am not 19. I kind of regretted getting an Altea, until I saw how small the boot space is, it looks no bigger than the boot on my wife's new Ibiza 5dr.

I intend to keep for another 2 years as it is only at 30k, then put it in, not sure what the resale value is like?

Chughes92uk

Parkers quoted £6,580 resale without considering the 17" alloys, 30k mileage and metallic paint (you have to pay for the recalc)

So not too bad, I only paid £10,500 over 3 years ago!

Simmhead

Always found Parkers to be a bit/very optimistic on resale values.

swanseastu

Ive just bought a Toledo as my wife is expecting our 1st baby. Ive had to sacrifice my motoring toys and sold my Mitsubishi delica 4x4 (to fund this) and im about to sell my other toy (99 S500 Mercedes)

I was also looking at altea's and Xl Altea's but they were far more money compared to the Toledo.

Ive just got (last week) a 2006 tdi140 sport and ive gotta say its real point and go motoring, there is a bit of poke mid range, theres 52mpg!, and its a modern car.

So in summary, im loving it.

If anyone knows of a false floor for it, im looking for one!

all the best stu

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
I think I've got all the bits for the false floor Stu (bar the £6 divider and some of the screws perhaps)

I'll check the shed when I get home ;)

(keep on at me, or I'll forget)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise