K1 inside of front tyres worn already!

Petrol-Head-Pete

cupra k1 emocion red 58
Jul 13, 2008
Hayling Island near Portsmouth
I just got my k1 back from its first service (11500 miles) and one of the advisories was that the front tyres are both worn on the inside down to 3.5mm, i am currently running on the standard cupra bridgestone 18 inch tyres, what tyres are good to get? how much do they cost? and where is the best place to buy from?

Thanks

Al

Aug 29, 2005
I am on my 4th set of fronts at a little more than the highest number i have seen above :redface:

ianctr

Hi, I have have the same problem with my last 3 cars. Honda Civic Type R, bridgestone fronts lasted approx 8-10K.

I don`t think it is an issue, obviously running a front wheel drive car with power, your tyres are never going to last long. In addition it will be down to your cars geometry, the toe and camber.

Now mechanics/engineers, correct me if I am wrong, but I would think all Cupra will be running negative camber. This means that whilst driving in a straight line you are running more on the centre and inside of your tyres, the bonus of this is that when you corner you get full contact between tyre and road to ensure grip and traction.

If you are really concered about the wear on the inside of your tyres ask for a 4 wheel laser alignment which checks all factors of geometry not just tracking. I personally don`t like to adjust my tracking as sometimes it can cause steering vibration.

Check out mytyres.co.uk for a price on leading brands and reviews, than ask your stealer/kwik fit to match it. Always worked for me.

Hope this helps. I`m not a mechanic but have had geometry issues with a car before, when driving in a stright line the wheel was at 1 o`clock and spend ages in and out of the dealer to recify and did plenty of reading.

Cheers

Glovepup

Cupra Lova
May 27, 2006
Sevenoaks, Kent
My first set of fronts lasted 12k, probably should of been changed earlier than that though. They did have wear more on the inside, which i thought would go really soon but it seemed to even out.

A slight change of subject, but also relevant....

Rears were doing well, except for the wear where you get that annoying noise that sounds like bearings have gone, I spoke to my garage about this who said they get that on all Leon MK2's. Should that be acceptable? I changed my tyres as the noise was just so annoying!!! My brothers MK5 did the same thing.

When I got the tyres changed, due to a puncture more than anything. The kwik fit guy said (only place open on a sunday!) that tyres do that if you drive to hard before they are up to temp. Is that right? Not everyone drives hard, and I certainly don't........only sometimes ;)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise