v-g's Flash red 1M Leon Cupra

v-g

is an alien.
Mar 10, 2004
Nowhere near, i.e. Norway.
I would still say that concaved areas are not that hard to cover. Just tested on a kitchen bowl. It all depends on how hard the curves are. The small bowl I tried first, didn't work out well.

OFI

Sep 5, 2007
Salisbury
Most of the engine cover's are textured so you would get samll air bubbles under the surface which might get bigger.
The smoother the item you are covering the better the finnish you will get.

Nothing a bit of sand paper can't fix ;)

That requires some serious precise cutting and a hell of a sharp knife!

Scalpel :p

I must say that the stuff from ebay (i kindly followed D.Ks advice and bought it from the same place he did) is really good stuff

Did I miss something :whistle:, which seller is recommended?

dh00001

Aug 11, 2009
looks good, I want to do something like that but don't think I have the patience!

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
if you really want to clean up the latch area remove it first then sink in a smaller filler piece and trim around the edge ?

from above you'd need to look hard to see though anyway

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
if you really want to clean up the latch area remove it first then sink in a smaller filler piece and trim around the edge ?

from above you'd need to look hard to see though anyway

One of the problems with the rear badge is the clearance whrere the "S" goes into the houseing, where I have put the carbon on mine when I open it it does'nt come all the way out on it's own.

Last edited:

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
sorry DK i meant the glovebox :p

mind you handle wise you could always strip it down and rub a mm off it all round ?

v-g

is an alien.
Mar 10, 2004
On the subject of rear "S" badges. Here's mine:

DSC_5837.jpg

v-g

is an alien.
Mar 10, 2004
Along with the cf playing, I replaced my too short Golf chromed bonnet lifter with this self painted stock one. Same red as the car.

Now I can hover in the engine bay without worrying about the bonnet scalping me.

Old:
IMG_1682.jpg

New:
300820091137.jpg

v-g

is an alien.
Mar 10, 2004
Not much to write about and it doesn't improve the car in anyway other than add some weight.

Genuine official SEAT Sport lanyard. Directly from Spain.

No, I'm not going to wear it around my neck. :p

021020091337.jpg

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.