Will this do?

kezFR07

now with ko4 power
Jun 15, 2008
yorkshire
Just fitted a induction kit tonight, do I need a cold air feed to it? At the minute it's sucking air in that's in the engine bay. Ta

Rob GTI

Oct 28, 2004
South Wales
Probably better off fitting a heat shield like in this link:

http://www.evoms.com/marketplace/viewproduct.asp?productid={8CDEE7A3-3B09-44FD-88D7-731C5B329E41}

kezFR07

now with ko4 power
Jun 15, 2008
yorkshire
If fitted it out the way like in the gap on the right hand side as you look in the bay, shouldn't have a prob with heat just wondered if they make a cold air feed to suit or if I need one? Ps the link don't work pal

Rob GTI

Oct 28, 2004
South Wales
If fitted it out the way like in the gap on the right hand side as you look in the bay, shouldn't have a prob with heat just wondered if they make a cold air feed to suit or if I need one? Ps the link don't work pal

Well then the cold intake wouldn't do any harm, unless you drove through a big puddle and sucked a load of water into the intake system :cry:

Heres what I meant by the heat shield in any case.
DSC_7750-1.jpg

Oops posted the wrong pic there, could have been embrassing.

Last edited:

kezFR07

now with ko4 power
Jun 15, 2008
yorkshire
Il try not to pal haha well there's one for sale in halfords 25 notes looks alrite like. I got told to check the cone after 20 mins driving to see if it's hot then il know if it's ok. From what I can tell anyway it's better than the pannell filter

Rob GTI

Oct 28, 2004
South Wales
Il try not to pal haha well there's one for sale in halfords 25 notes looks alrite like. I got told to check the cone after 20 mins driving to see if it's hot then il know if it's ok. From what I can tell anyway it's better than the pannell filter

And sounds better.

kezFR07

now with ko4 power
Jun 15, 2008
yorkshire
Just looking at the picture mate I see uv took your engine cover off and put a pipe in it's place, if left my cover on and it goes through where the panell filter used to be is that still ok?