anyone broke a o2m 6 speed with 350 lb/ft

ceedubya

crazy legs
Mar 18, 2004
newcastle upon tyne
has anyone broke 3rd gear in o2m 6 speed with 350 lb/ft ?

mine has started to make a odd noise coming down the gears into 3rd as i release the clutch ( bit like a woooo sound ? :shrug::D ) i cannot get it to make the noise in any other gear ?

everything feels normal and aint notchy or crunchy even driven hard ?

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
broke one with less power on the octy... to be fair it was already shagged when I bought the thing, crunching in 3rd... then it jammed in 3rd when I think the selector fork snapped inside.

steevie wonder

The silver bullet
Apr 20, 2007
Midlands
has anyone broke 3rd gear in o2m 6 speed with 350 lb/ft ?

mine has started to make a odd noise coming down the gears into 3rd as i release the clutch ( bit like a woooo sound ? :shrug::D ) i cannot get it to make the noise in any other gear ?

everything feels normal and aint notchy or crunchy even driven hard ?

Does it get worse when your coasting in gear or when it's under load?
Might be the diff fu*ked.

Steve

ceedubya

crazy legs
Mar 18, 2004
newcastle upon tyne
Does it get worse when your coasting in gear or when it's under load?
Might be the diff fu*ked.

Steve

it only makes a noise/vibration when i release the clutch peddle coming down the box ?

everything else is normal ? no crunching, easy gear selection, etc ?

Indy

MK1 LC Red Devil :)
Sep 8, 2005
Uxbridge
Interesting, I did a complete build on my car in January pulled out of the drive and there was this clicking sound coming from the gearbox. Took it to the gearbox man opened it and found out the pinion where the 1,3&4 gear sits had one of its gears chipped and this was while the car was still under running in using only actuator pressure...

ceedubya

crazy legs
Mar 18, 2004
newcastle upon tyne
Interesting, I did a complete build on my car in January pulled out of the drive and there was this clicking sound coming from the gearbox. Took it to the gearbox man opened it and found out the pinion where the 1,3&4 gear sits had one of its gears chipped and this was while the car was still under running in using only actuator pressure...

:D i have deffo been using more than running in pressure :p

gonna change the oil and check for any debris, refil with new oil and use it ? :D

Indy

MK1 LC Red Devil :)
Sep 8, 2005
Uxbridge
Not sure if you'll find anything when changing your gearbox oil cause there is a Magnet on the inside that traps any iron particles. Give it a go anyway.

ceedubya

crazy legs
Mar 18, 2004
newcastle upon tyne
have changed the oil back to factory and its worse if anything :( its making the noise in 4th and 5th now ?

managed to drain 2.3 litres out, is that the correct ammount

btw i was running royal purple oil

westallc

Jan 25, 2009
sounds like you have broken it buddy..

silly question but have you checked all the linkage etc to the box??

was there much swarf in the oil that you drained??

ceedubya

crazy legs
Mar 18, 2004
newcastle upon tyne
sounds like you have broken it buddy..

silly question but have you checked all the linkage etc to the box??

was there much swarf in the oil that you drained??

the dodgy noise has started to apear in 4th and 5th now (since i changed the oil), it dont make the noise until its warmed up ?

gear selection is still fine, it makes the noise coming down the box when you feed the clutch in ?

i couldnt see any swarf in the oil that came out:shrug:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.