Just sat in a Bocanegra at Seat in Wolverhampton

EdHorny

Loves his Boc.
Oct 12, 2008
Burntwood
So there I was at work, having a break, when my phone rings, It's Seat (Barlow's in Wolves). "ED, we've got a Bocanegra in the showroom if you wanted to see one in the fleshand I have an update on yours". I bombed it there from work, and there it was. A red Bocanegra in the flesh. People this car is beautiful. I sat inside and it is a beast. Beautiful from all angles, undecided on the alloys, but at least they aren't bright. I couldn't get any pics as I had the wrong phone with me.

My car should be in the country soon and in time for my return off holiday. Now I know the car isn't a myth. They should be popping up in showrooms and compared to an FR, the Boc is best.

ED:p:funk:

bickers70

Feb 18, 2009
It's Barlow's where I've ordered my Cupra from. I'm gutted that they haven't called me yet, especially as I expressed concerns about the DSG so they said that when they got a DSG model in they would let me know so I could give it a test drive. I'll be calling them tomorrow!

EdHorny

Loves his Boc.
Oct 12, 2008
Burntwood
They got an FR and a Bocanegra in the showroom, they said that they would probably give the Boc a run in the morning.

ED

EdHorny

Loves his Boc.
Oct 12, 2008
Burntwood
I could have had a go, but I fly out to Spain first thing Friday morning. I have been told that mine should be ready when I get back, I hope it is.

ED

P.S. Bicker70, hope you enjoy your test drive.

Nov 6, 2007
Newark
Well We already Sold our boc, it didn't get get time to sit in our showroom lol!

We got siliver fr and I got it and its a awesome bit of kit I been out in all night only got back in and done 220 miles in it and love it !!! It pops and bangs its brilliant. I mean Everyone was looking at it when I drove through town the noise it makes it lovely!!!!!

stu38

Mar 8, 2007
Essex
Hey edhorny glad you thought the boc looked great in the flesh, seems you guys got your demo cars befor us down here in the south:rolleyes: Still been told today mines been built and hopefully should have the keys in my hand by the end of the month:D will be the longest couple of weeks ever!!

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Yeah sat in one today in Liverpool too. Can't test drive it unfortunatly.

They are letting me go out in an FR from tomorrow.

Thoughts..

Its looks amazing! So eye catching. Didn't like the alloys in the pics but in real live they really suit the car. The interior is spot on and seems a lot better quality than my current cupra.

Looks like it has a FMIC as there are no slits in the wheel arch and there is a long thin intercooler looking radiator infront of the main radiator.

There is not a draw under the drivers seat which is a shame as its very handy in my current car.

The paddles feel nice rather than flimsy as I read in one review.

The roof seems pretty low (not a problem for me) but it is one to watch for tall people.

The seats have the same amount of adjustment as usual in all the VAG range cars.

Will be ordering soon. Can't wait. Shame delivery probably wont be till middle of next year :D

Last edited:

EdHorny

Loves his Boc.
Oct 12, 2008
Burntwood
I'm 6'2". I fit in the Boc more comfortable than my current 306 5 door. I think behind me will be a bit tight though. The interior looks great, nice and dark. I hope to get my Boc as promised straight after my holiday as the current car is :censored:. Drive shaft issues. Yeah so it'll take about a week of good driving to get used to the gearbox, but the looks and go of the car are worth it. Just deliver Seat. That's all I ask now.

ED

P.S. I'm off to Spain for 10 days so I'll be quiet for a bit.

bickers70

Feb 18, 2009
Cheers Ed, I'll enjoy the test drive - you enjoy your holiday. At least you'll have something to look forward to when you get back now!

craigboca

Sep 21, 2009
Glasgow
Test driving a bocanegra tomorrow at the dealers, I think we're going out for a good half an hour run so hopefully I will get to see how it behaves at a range of speeds!

Pretty excited I must say and I'll definetly upload pictures tomorrow evening

GavinM

Aug 18, 2007
Castle Douglas
Where abouts in the Glasgow area has got a Bocanegra ? i'm quite interested for a look at one in the flesh,also would like to try it out, not so sure about the paddle gear shift, would it take some getting used to ? only ever had a short drive in a Leon fr with the paddles and couldn't get the hang to it.

Littleleigh

Nice, love the look of them, how much would one of these set you back?? any ideas:p

GavinM

Aug 18, 2007
Castle Douglas
Prices can be found on the Seat web site, it is in the configurator pages, base price is £16,695 then add the extras you want, two colours, white no extra cost,Dakota red £370

Last edited:

craigboca

Sep 21, 2009
Glasgow
Mine came in at quite a bit more than the base price but then again I think I took every option going

Its at the Seat garage in Linwood, a red one, I'm going there tomorrow around midday

My sister has an a4 cab which is dsg and I have to say I love driving it, for most journeys when I just want to get somewhere I shove it in D and go..simple, then when I want a bit more fun I can bring the paddles into play and pretend I'm Lewis Hamilton

Manuals are a purer driving experience there is no doubt about that, however its not sunday every day

craigboca

Sep 21, 2009
Glasgow
yep it is indeed, chap in there seemed nice enough but to be honest all they had to do was tell me the cost of the boc with options on, give me a price for my car and take a deposit from me which I was readily offering because I wanted the car so much.

I was in and out in about 20 minutes I reckon so not really much to report!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.