Twintercooler fitted!! Now with added ITG intake!!

Cupraken

Southwest Stealth
Apr 10, 2009
Street, Somerset
Yeah, nice tho the surge is, when I get it on the dyno I may drop back one on boost and up one on timing, boost = torque, timing - bhp, save the clutch etc. Proper good now!!!!! Never thought I had any torque steer till yesterday, now front end is light and scrabbling like mad in 3rd.........

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Yeah, nice tho the surge is, when I get it on the dyno I may drop back one on boost and up one on timing, boost = torque, timing - bhp, save the clutch etc. Proper good now!!!!! Never thought I had any torque steer till yesterday, now front end is light and scrabbling like mad in 3rd.........

deffinatly feel the need for the walk kit and pendulum mount now keep that front end in check.

Rob GTI

Oct 28, 2004
South Wales
Just bought Rob GTI's Twintercooler as he's defected to the other side and it wouldn't fit his Edition 30 Golf. Downloaded fitting instructions from Forge website, thought "that doesn't look too hard" .............3 1/2 hours later................ 30 screws to get the bumper and undertray off, move horn brackets, move airtemp sensor, remove several plastic guides and ducts, drill holes to mount i/c, line up hoses, trim hoses, remove lower strengthener from inside bumper, reassemble............. Then found i/c hoses rub on chassis, make pads to protect, then found clips for honeycomb grille foul hoses, make pads to protect, enlarge hole for airtemp sensor, finally done! Also beware (as Rob found out, bless him) one of the screws for the undertray when put back in pierces the driver's side hose! However, what a difference! The car feels a lot more urgent now, pulls harder to the red line and seat of pants dyno backs up Forge's claim of around 10 bhp gain! Wasn't sure it would but there ya go...... !

Glad you are finding the ic an improvement, I certainly did on the FR must be something else on a stage 2+ Cupra!

Forgot to mention to you about the clips from the lower grill fouling the pipework I cut mine off as I found they squashed the pipework by nearly half. I did phone forge to tell them about this but didn't seem interested.

Did you get the front jubilee clips coded black??

Get some photos up Ken!!!!