Custom Upper Rear Strut Brace

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
Hi guys,

Just thought I'd put up a quick post to remind everyone how good the upper rear custom strut braces are for the MK1 Leon.

I've had mine now about 3 years, & totally forgot how good it improves the handling of the car.

I took it out for the 1st time at the weekend, as I was picking a Cross Trainer up for the misses & needed the extra space.

I drove around without it for a few hours after i had dropped of the Cross Trainer & the Leons handling was appauling without it (Upper front Sparco one was still in place).

I put it back in on Sunday & it immediately transformed the car again !

If you aint got one, make sure you sort one out :D

validwarlord

Hi ChrisUK

I have a front brace fitted to my Leon but not one on the rear.

Could you tell me where to purchase one from?

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I think ARBs reduce the effect the rear upper strut has however for those without good to know it makes a difference.

speedinsaxo

Jun 7, 2003
Visit site
In fact you can see it here on my car

IMG00052-20090401-1842.jpg

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Mike @ Hughes Engineering made them :)

[email protected]

email him or google the firm and call. He'll sort you out. They are very good and as Chris said, do make a difference. Quite a few people got them on the last group buy. He also does them for Ibizas and other marques.

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
I think ARBs reduce the effect the rear upper strut has however for those without good to know it makes a difference.

Yeah I got mine fitted before the Neuspeed rear and could tell it reduced the roll by a fair bit. The arbs also make a more noticable difference though :D

validwarlord

Thanks for the information will contact Hughes Engineering tomorrow.

Will keep you posted.

validwarlord

E Mailed the company today did ask about a GB will wait to see his reply.

I will ask about how to fit when they reply.

validwarlord

Hi James

Not forgot the offer on the VAG-Com from looking at the information from Ross-Tech seems pretty simple on face value?

As for Strut Brace will post on Forum when I get a reply.

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
They dont need any drilling.

There are two pieces of metal that fit inside the seatbelt pillar, then a plate it bolted to them.

The strut then screws into this plate (both ends are opposite threads).

The only "cutting" I had to do was to trim a tiny bit of plastic off the end of the trim & cut the carpet a tiny bit - quite easy !

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
I did think about one of these but was a bit worried it may make my set up too stiff
I am already running 25/28 ARBs and thought if to rigid would hinder rather than aid handling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.