cold air feed

C13RYP

GOING HYBRID
Jun 9, 2009
Keynsham, Bristol
Hey im looking at getting a induction kit with a cold air feed but there is absolutely no space that i can see to install the cold air feed, would be nice to see if people have done it and how because i cant find any room for mine.

the car is 1.8T FR MK4

cheers,

Paul.

battery in the boot.
although a thew people on heres theory is if you have a big intercooler and a open cone filter the airfilter draws in air goes through a bloody hot turbo which then heats that air then gets cooled by the intercooler.
the airfilter is getting a bit of cool air in the minimal space it has anyway when your in motion the only time it really suffers heat soak is sitting there ticking over in traffic etc.

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
I have an open cone filter, and jsut left the standard airbox feed in place. If you want to go that route, I'd recommend the PD160 intake over your FR one as it's bigger, tho it costs alot from a dealer these days iirc.

C13RYP

GOING HYBRID
Jun 9, 2009
Keynsham, Bristol
I have an open cone filter, and jsut left the standard airbox feed in place. If you want to go that route, I'd recommend the PD160 intake over your FR one as it's bigger, tho it costs alot from a dealer these days iirc.

Fitted it today and done this, original air intake is in good position so gunna keep it this way i think aslong as i get no over heating.

ljpacey

aka captin slow!!
Jan 19, 2009
i have just done a really good cold air feed from the left hand spot light well the spot light is not there no more like, ill put a few pics up for ya,

Last edited:

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
you don't wanna disconnect the N75, that's what controls your boost! Do you mean N249?

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Just follow the pipe that the air filter attaches to and its about 6" after the MAF, it has a electrical connector on it and 2 vac lines and the 3rd port is attached to the TIP.

It looks like this:

picture.php

eng87_011.jpg