TIP Hybrid, Please Help

C13RYP

GOING HYBRID
Jun 9, 2009
Keynsham, Bristol
Im having trouble with my forge tip i have one for my ibiza 1.8 fr but now that i have changed the turbo for a hybrid ko3/4 the turbo end of the tip is 5mm to small, i would like to know what tip i should go for now im thinking that the LCR Tip will fit but then looking at the two the other attachments that connect to the tip are in different places. i didnt know whether this would be ok or would it take alot of work for it to fit.

Also can anyone tell me the width of the 2 tips please at the turbo end?

Cheers
Paul.

Last edited:

ljpacey

aka captin slow!!
Jan 19, 2009
i here there good am really thinking of goin hybird, are the k04-001s any good or are the k03 hybirds better?

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
the std forge TIP I have used on a hybrid has worked fine. 44mm on turbo end..
washing up liquid to help it on. you need to trim the length on the forge tip's to gte it to pass the metal water pipe.. have you done that?

ljpacey

aka captin slow!!
Jan 19, 2009
year just been reedin some older post i think k03 hybird is the way lol, with the right mods fmic tip etc, what gains can you see out of a k03 hibird, rich on heres got 256, is that at its max or can it push 260/270?

ljpacey

aka captin slow!!
Jan 19, 2009
year think that good enuff for me :), just hope gearbox dont blow up lol

C13RYP

GOING HYBRID
Jun 9, 2009
Keynsham, Bristol
the std forge TIP I have used on a hybrid has worked fine. 44mm on turbo end..
washing up liquid to help it on. you need to trim the length on the forge tip's to gte it to pass the metal water pipe.. have you done that?

No i havent done this, the tip is 44mm on turbo end but the bit it attaches to on the turbo is 49mm, this is the only part of the hybrid build im now struggling with, got til friday before its got to be in gloucster with yourself at badger 5.

Also which end am im meant to be trimming?

So just to clarify that i should or shouldnt go for the LCR tip?

Last edited:

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
You need to trim ~10-20mm off the end that attaches to the turbo to alow the TIP to clear a hard water pipe.

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
I cant say for defo it will fit over a hybrid but Bill says he can "get them to fit" with a little washing up liquid.

C13RYP

GOING HYBRID
Jun 9, 2009
Keynsham, Bristol
Used a a socket with a bendy extender, that make sense.

Anyway the tip is now on....:p

trimmed it about 15mm and alot of effort by someone else :D

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.