LED sidelights that WORK

ross27

Mazda 3 MPS
Mar 22, 2009
Glasgow
You don't have the can-bus ones? I thought these didn't work? Have you soldered resistors in?

Well yeah, kinda. Instead of resistors i wired in the standard bulbs into holders in the engine bay. Same purpose as fitting resistors, and handy if you're under the bonnet at night :p.

Worked a treat. My sidelights have 15 small LED's in them.:)

Feb 12, 2006
North Lincolnshire.
I just received the canbus ones as described in the first post.They work perfectly.
You should expect when you take out the old side light bulb and replace with one of these then you need to turn them off then back on for them to operate..I fitted the new one with the sidelights still switched on and couldnt understand why they didnt work till I tested the circuit and it was ok then turning them off and back on.BINGO.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Seat-LED-Side...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item5ad353713a

Last edited:

alimcb1981

Guys, I too ordered these from Hids4U on Monday but I'm still waiting for them to appear. Hope they work!!!!! Really class looking from the pics I've seen here. But my main question is for anyone who has an Hid H7r kit fitted. Mine cost £80.00 for the 6000k version. Bought these too from Hids4u. These are not supposed to make the bulb-out warning come on but my dash light stays on until I turn on my Hids!!! Even when I try just my sidelights, the dash light stays lit. Has anyone here had the same problem? If so can you suggest what I've done wrong or how I can mayb fix this? Thanks in advance.:think:

seatstu

Apr 15, 2004
I ordered some of the 4 LED ones from ebay that were recommended on here, fitted them tonight and have a slight problem.

If I have the side lights on then turn the ignition on and then turn the xenons on the side lights go out and I get bulb failure light on the dash.
If I turn the ignition on then the sidelights they both light up with no bulb failure light but when I then turn on the xenons the new side light on the passenger side goes out after 5 - 10 seconds and the drivers stays on.

Anyone got any ideas?

Simon_Peters

2008 Leon Fr TFSI & 01 R6
Apr 11, 2007
Weston-Super-Mare
Hi all,

I fitted mine yesterday and at first I fitted them when the lights were on and as already posted they didn't work but turn them off and then re fit them and they work perfectly!

Great info guys, I have been looking for a decent set to match the xenons and they look great!

Cheers,
Si

alimcb1981

Mine arrived this morning and I've just fitted them. It took me ten minutes or so and both are working fine at the moment :D:D No warning light when they're on and look really excellent with my Xenon Hids. By the way, I said Hids4u but actually meant Hids4us, not much difference I know but I thought I'd correct it!! Mine cost £11.99 and free P&P. Hope everyone else gets their's sorted now!

on_the_verge

Dec 22, 2007
Mine arrived this morning and I've just fitted them. It took me ten minutes or so and both are working fine at the moment :D:D No warning light when they're on and look really excellent with my Xenon Hids. By the way, I said Hids4u but actually meant Hids4us, not much difference I know but I thought I'd correct it!! Mine cost £11.99 and free P&P. Hope everyone else gets their's sorted now!

Which ones were these at 11.99?

Will need them to go with my HID's :)

alimcb1981

I am not allowed to post a URL as I haven't posted enough but if you put Hids4us into your search engine it will come up Sinax.co.uk, then go to the LED and Halogen bulb section at the bottom. On this page go to the item before the last at the bottom of the page. Hope this helps!!

seatstu

Apr 15, 2004
DO NOT buy these lights, they do not work and are a complete waste of time and hassle.

Been out this afternoon trying to get mine to work and the passenger side still keeps going out and giving bulb failure warning light on dash.

To top things off one of them dropped out of the holder into the inside of the light, what a nightmare managed to get the bulb out but now left with part of the stick I used to get the bulb out inside the light and I can't get to it. Got to now have the bumper off to take the whole light off the car to get bits out. Really wish I hadn't started now.

Already contacted seller and arranged for a full refund.

Will look into getting proper bulbs that actually fit the bulb holders.

dangerousdriver

Old Newbie
Feb 8, 2009
West London
Seatstu,

One of the bulbs dropped down when i was fitting mine too. You do not have to take the bumper off. You can take the fog light surround out (its one screw) then reach in and grab the bulb, it should have fallen down there.

You have to wiggle the bulbs but they def work.

seatstu

Apr 15, 2004
I have got the bulb out but I have part of the stick I tried to use to retrieve the bulb in the light and it has gone to the corner closest to the centre of the car and I can't get anything inside the light to retrieve it. I need to remove the whole light from the car to tip it up to get the stick out.

Mine definately do not work as the passenger side will only stay lit when the xenons are on for 5 seconds then it goes out and the bulb error light comes on.

Something that you have to wiggle to get working is my idea of a bodge. If it was a case of fit and they work the same as normal then they would have been perfect but as they aren't they are not worth the hassle.

Anyone know if the only way to get the headlamp off the car is to remove the bumper or is there another way?
Can the xenon part be removed from the headlamp assembly?

Last edited:

Alex 17

No Smoke No Poke
Aug 17, 2008
Bedale - North yorkshire
I have got the bulb out but I have part of the stick I tried to use to retrieve the bulb in the light and it has gone to the corner closest to the centre of the car and I can't get anything inside the light to retrieve it. I need to remove the whole light from the car to tip it up to get the stick out.

Mine definately do not work as the passenger side will only stay lit when the xenons are on for 5 seconds then it goes out and the bulb error light comes on.

Something that you have to wiggle to get working is my idea of a bodge. If it was a case of fit and they work the same as normal then they would have been perfect but as they aren't they are not worth the hassle.

Anyone know if the only way to get the headlamp off the car is to remove the bumper or is there another way?
Can the xenon part be removed from the headlamp assembly?

Did you get the ebay ones or the first ones posted. I had hellish problems with the first set , Went for the ebay ones (Cheaper) and spot on work first time. And look ace too

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.