Clutch problems!! Help

Shez3000

hii there, ive had my ibiza for about 7 months now,i havent done much just some alloys and a little to the interior... anyway its a 1.4 W reg, and ive had nothing but trouble with the clutch, my clutch cable snapped when i first had it and then snapped again 5 months after having it done, ive asked a few mechanics and they said its down to the fitting..so anyway i got another one fitted, and the clutch just doesnt feel right, i think it might be on its way out,, but has anyone got any suggestions? thanks

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
might be the spring plates getting heavy - hows the clutch in operation ?

be cheaper to replace cables than a clutch if its liveable :):)

merlin051

Oil Burner!
Aug 22, 2006
North East, Darlington
my clutch in my 1.4 was heavy as hell, so hard you could not press it with your hand, you really did need a leg, so much i think my left leg is 20% bigger than my right!

but at the weekend i replaced my clutch setup and hay presto it feels like a normal clutch now.

swapping it out is a big job and i'd deffo stick with replacing cables if you can.

clutch kit cost 61.74 and took a full weekend to do with two of us working on it, and encountering the normal problems like corrosion etc.. just dragged the job out.

in a garage they'd probably charge you 4 hours labour + parts.

Shez3000

i dont know really,the clutch is relatively ok, although i think my thrust bearings are on the way out, could that affect it? i just dont wanna mess my gearbox out or anythingg..!
yeahhh wud be ideal to stick to changing cables, but ive been buying the cables at £25 piece a pop, and then i gotta fit it,and just the inconvinience of it snapping all tha time!!! soundss good though, i think ill just change the clutch, this clutchh you got, what brand is it and where you get it from :D.. Thanks for help too

Psycho-KnighT

Nov 17, 2008
i had the same problem in my former car (VW POLO) my cluch cabke snaped in the middle of the highway, and again after 1 month, the problem was the cluch it self, when i replaced him the problem was gone..