Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Toyo T1-R

Votes: 12 16.0%

• Total voters

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Got the Vredestein's on the rear of mine now, and never had any issues with them. That said, this weekend I'm having four new GSD3s fitted. £103 each fitted/balanced/new-valves at the local tyre place.

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
Dont just go off a poll lol, you need to try the tyres for your self, i love the hankooks, amazing tyre for the money and will be getting some on the leon when its finished. You might find A downside to on tyre where as someone else loves them. After riding bikes i can safely say choice of tyres is impotant, i had michelin pilot sportys on my old bike and the front end never left me, even in the wet, had that much grip back wheel would come up before i t started to loose grip, i then had a hirebike when i had my bike accident with semi nobblie tyres on and it just didnt want to stop in the wet, front end dipped once and i went in the back of a car :/ makes you look a bad rider when its actually the shocking tyres on the machine.

Im strict about my tyres and belive they are the single most important thing on any vehicle, brakes are usless without good tyres, they effect suspension, steering, and also stuff like mpg. Not much more has an effect on all them systems like tyres.

Last edited:

K3mist

Simples!
Dec 11, 2008
East Sussex & The Shire
Im strict about my tyres and belive they are the single most important thing on any vehicle, brakes are usless without good tyres, they effect suspension, steering, and also stuff like mpg. Not much more has an effect on all them systems like tyres.

I agree and like I said before, I want tyres that have great grip in the dry & wet but also will wear slowly as I commute 250 miles a week.

I know the poll isn't law lol :) but it gives a good insight into peoples experiences.

I really appreciate all comments :thumbup:

stevo72

Feb 3, 2007
cambridge
Vredestein defo, LIke K3mist said, look at the autoexpress trye test......mind you i currently have Falkien FK-452 which are just fine for me, was unable to get the Vredestein at the time, but when i change again will defo get these..

Also as to where get tryes from, find blackcircle very good

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Just ordered four GSD3s for tomorrow. The Assymetrics will set me back £120 at the local place, the GSD3s £103. If I could warrant the extra £68 I would, but I don't think the Assymetrics are THAT much better personally. If I was just changing a pair then maybe, but not when I'm doing all four.

That £103 is from Micks Tyres in Mansfield BTW

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
No, I'm sure. I looked at the tyres that are on at the moment, and one is called a Mohawk! And then I wonder why there's no grip on the front. Can't wait to get the GSDs on, though I don't expect much of an improvement on the Ultrac Sessanta's on the rear (they're heavily worn, so no matter what you think of them I'm sure there'll be an improvement anyway)

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
Vredestein.. I have them on my 270bhp LCR and they are simply awesome - been to the ring on them in the wet didn't get overtaken all day, wet grip is incredible.

K3mist

Simples!
Dec 11, 2008
East Sussex & The Shire
After much deliberation I chose the F1 Assers.

Had them fitted on Friday afternoon for £115 each fully fitted and balanced.
I though this was a great price as other garages were quoting in excess of £140 each.

I really tried to get the Vredesteins but there seems to be a big shortage!

Anyway if anyone is in the Stroud area and need a good deal on tyres then
give Toadsmoor garage in Bussage a call.
Nice bunch of people and very willing to help.

Thanks to everyone again for their input, they feel more planted than my
old tyres and I already feel more confident whilst driving, especially in the wet. :D

Last edited:

Mr Bigglesworth

Dec 13, 2008
Herts
I'm on Michelen Pilot Sport PS2m which haven't been bad, but now I'm down to 3mm on my fronts they are skiddy in not much rain and I'm only on 180bhp compared to some of you lot!

The Michelen's actually rate quite highly on most these http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showpost.php?p=2684635&postcount=116 but would like to try something new, and they are more expensive than most the others in that poll!

Overall as have had a good read around, if it weren't for the quick wear on the F1's they'd be top of my list. I was going to go Falken FK452, but if it's only £10 per tyre more for the Vredesetins, the Vreds are now top of the list for me I think.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.