Status
Not open for further replies.

INA

Garrett Super STAR!
Dec 8, 2007
www.inaengineering.com
what a pain in the ass, surely for the coin you've laid out for the thing it should be a direct fit straight out of the box :shrug: having to cut bits off or drill holes should have been rectified in the design stage of it :shrug:
FWIW,
i made the original ones here and those had no issues.I guess when they were moved to production is where the issues are not starting to arise.If customers dont complain/tell me whats going on then I cant fix it. :(

Still the best oil pan on the market today....:)

alexj124

Mar 2, 2005
Edinburgh
i'm no expect but surely 'the best oil pan' has to be fit for purpose??? Rob seems to suggest the backdraft one is just as good?? and fits bolt on??

Surely a company cant be charging full price for its customers to test out design/production?

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Got the coolant system finished off, all that's left to do is get the intercooler pipes back on and sort out the dipstick issue and it's finished - get the wheels back on, back on the deck, fill it up with fluids and she's ready to start.

I tried bending the end of the dipstick a bit but still no joy.

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Ok so I fixed the INA baffled sump today. I put a blob of grease on the end of the dipstick to mark where it hits and then removed the sump, turns out the hole is quite a bit off:

reb30.jpg

So a few minutes later after using a 25mm holesaw, we have a hole in the right place:

reb31.jpg

After cleaning out all the metal particles I loosly fitted the sump with a couple of bolts just to check it was ok now, and it is, so I then put fresh sealant around the sump (after cleaning off all the old stuff) and refitted it.

So finally the sump is fitted for good!

RobDon

Pro Detailer
No idea m8.

Anyway, my car is down on all four wheels off the axle stands, everything is finished, just the front bumper to go on. I've filled up with coolant but run out! So can't start it up until I get more.

Engine bay at close of play today:

reb32.jpg

reb33.jpg

Fill it up with oil and some more coolant and it's ready to start ... yikes! Just hope I've done everything right otherwise it will be a very short and expensive startup! :D

diss_50

MK4 IBIZA CUPRA
Aug 21, 2007
10/10 - Impeccable work Rob. Regarding expensive start-ups, TRIPLE CHECK!! ;)

Can't believe your doing INA's work for them!! Crazy.... Hopefully they have sorted you out though.

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Looks stunning as always, Rob :thumbup:

Fingers crossed for the big start up but I'm sure you will have done everything right mate :)

INA

Garrett Super STAR!
Dec 8, 2007
www.inaengineering.com
Can't believe your doing INA's work for them!! Crazy.... Hopefully they have sorted you out though.
Posts like this make me cringe a little inside....
Whatever the case no one will have an issue with our pans from this point forward.

Rob what is that you have on the throttle body? Silicone or hard piping?

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Silver silicone hose, looks good eh!

Issam is a decent guy and I don't blame him, Moroso are making these pans and it's not uncommon for new designs to need tweaking to be spot on. They should come with the left edge shaped in and a larger dipstick hole, hopefully now all future pans will be straight bolt on jobs.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Issam is a decent guy and I don't blame him, Moroso are making these pans and it's not uncommon for new designs to need tweaking to be spot on. They should come with the left edge shaped in and a larger dipstick hole, hopefully now all future pans will be straight bolt on jobs.
Same with what happened with me and SFS. They made a new design I found the flaws and was open with them, they corrected and now everyone benefits.

If companies are willing to listen and participate on a forum like this then thats fantastic news for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise