windscreen issues

JoeF

May 13, 2007
Bolton
does this just happen to me or do other people suffer the same problem. I go to work at 2pm, and come 6pm its my dinner so i go out to car to go home for dinner and the front windscreen and all other windows are steamed up / condensated but on the inside.

Its cold and all that but no one elses cars seem to be suffering as much as mine does, even leaving work tonight i had to sit and wait for the window to demist before i left, everyone else seemed to get in and just go.

Is this a common problem with the leon? can it be sorted as its one big pain in the ass, noticed it last year too when the cold weather came, it was freezing up on the inside too

ross27

Mazda 3 MPS
Mar 22, 2009
Glasgow
This is my first winter with my Leon, and the past week or so i have noticed it too!
Its been extremely bad compared to my old car!

Looking for answers/ideas too!

Bretty

May 21, 2008
Lancashire
I get this to, i have bought some anti fog rainex stuff for the inside and this does help, i would also recomend on getting a cover of some sorts for when it gets frosty as you do get frost on the inside .

Stealthdave

Sep 28, 2006
I get the same. The one thing I do miss from the focus is the heated windscreen.....with the the leon some morning I have to give it 5 mins, as if I drive off I can guarantee within about a minute I won't be able to see anything....:(

mnkiboy

May 28, 2009
Warrington
I'm glad it's not just me. I was thinking I must have damp in the car somewhere. Every day now the windscreen is steamed up, so I spend the first 10 minutes of every journey with the blower set to noisy!

Stealthdave - i'm another person missing the heated screen in my previous Focus. Such a useful thing to have in the winter.

JoeF

May 13, 2007
Bolton
i do have the recirc button off yes. Is this something you could get in under warranty to get checked? or is it just one of them

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
solution

1.jpg

Stealthdave

Sep 28, 2006
Personally I'd just learn to live with it.

I never got my dash rattle fixed, and it eventually sorted itself. Some people have had real nightmares since they took it back to the dealers to have it fixed.....

i do have the recirc button off yes. Is this something you could get in under warranty to get checked? or is it just one of them

webhype

Mar 30, 2008
Wakefield
www.8baller.co.uk
My brand new FL cupra does it, and my old pre-fl did it too..

The best tip i have is to make sure you set the blowers to the footwell before you close the car. If you leave it on the front windscreenscreen blower, it mists up LOTS more as soon as you turn the engine on as the air gets pushed through and straight onto the windscreen through the vents. If its turned onto the footwell it doesnt steam up as much.

It works.. try it.

Wallie

Pump Diesel
I've just recently got a leon had it just over a week and yesterday i set off from work and got around the corner and i had to pull up to let it demist it was that bad, i never had a problem with my mk4 Golf!
today it was fine though, it hadnt been raining all day like it was yesterday.....

i think it will just have to be one of them that you just have to deal with :(

Wai8

I've only had mine for a little while and I haven't noticed it that much, I know it happens a lot after playing football and getting in the car afterwards. I just put the AC on and that sorts it out quickly.

HotHatchSteve

Jul 6, 2009
Like said above the AC removes a lot of the moisture during use, but this has a down side of moisture stays put when the car is turned off. So this helps to cause the windows to steam up when the temp drops and the car is not used. Just try turning the AC off when it is cold outside and the inside of the car is nice and clear, the front window will steam up in no time.
When the temp drops below about 10 degrees out side I usally turn my AC off to help stop the car misting but you need to turn it off when getting out of the car at the end of the day and the it will take a bit of running the next day or so to dry out though. The only downsides are the AC removes moisture during normal running and if left off to long bacteria can build up in the system.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
i get it just put the air con on and its fine , but i do use a good window cleaner which helps a lot , its made by holts and foams and does not leave streaks.