intake pipe change

kevp2518

Aug 26, 2008
Manchester
hi there

i have a leon mk1 cupra T the 180 version

i recently bought a new intake pipe for the car from SFS says the pipe should fit, however im finding that there is a metal pipe in the way of the new less restrictive intake, down were the pipe attaches to the turbo, anyone changed this before and managed to get around it? or move the metal pipe?

ive checked the samco and Forge website and their pipes are the same shape and design as the one i have, yet no one can figure out how to get it on,

many thanks

kevin

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
This is the metal bit in the way you can see where the bolt hole is [the bit facing you]

73117189.jpg

kevp2518

Aug 26, 2008
Manchester
its not that bit im haveing a problem with, managed to get that off fine, theres a black pipe just behind the standard elbow, which im haveing a problem with its in the way, but its made of metal n i cnt see if it can be moved at all,

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Its the water pipe and you don't need to remove it to get the new pipe on.

I put white grease on the both parts and managed to get mine on :)

kevp2518

Aug 26, 2008
Manchester
hmmm white grease mite have to try that when i can next get her on a ramp,
just seems wierd as when u look at the standard one next to the new one the silicon pipe is longer from the bend to the end of the pipe compaired to the standard one, did you have to cut your pipe down a little? or just straight on there?

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
No didn't cut anything off my Forge one.....even fitted its right hard up against the metal water pipe.....atleast its not going to fall off tho :cartman:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members