ecu reset

doctor rage

Oct 22, 2008
Co Durham
hi,

wil disconnecting the battery reset ecu codes & does the mk3 Ibiza need a radio code after disconnecting the battery?

the reason I ask is that I've just had the drivers seat out fix the clutch pedal but after disconnecting and re-connecting the electrical connector under the seat I've got an airbag light on the dash.

thanks

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
If you have had the battery off then the airbag will record a fault code which needs to be cleared with diagnostic equipment.

doctor rage

Oct 22, 2008
Co Durham
I've not yet taken the battery off, I just wondered if disconnecting the battery would clear the airbag light I've got showing currently. is the no way to clear codes without the diagnostic gear? no ecu fuses can be pulled to wipe the memory of codes?

doctor rage

Oct 22, 2008
Co Durham
damn! cheers for the reply though matey. I feared this was probably going to be the case. any ideas on where and how much the gear to read and clear the ecu costs? am I right in thinking this is the vagcom software?

merlin051

Oil Burner!
Aug 22, 2006
North East, Darlington
where abouts in co-durham are you mate?

I have the free version of vag-com and I'm pretty sure it can clear this code off

I'd have to scan the air-bag module for this right? which I understand carries a risk of setting them off?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members