What Tyres?

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Speak as you find mate.Thats all.

Eh?

Vredestiens will prob not be in such great condition as the p zeros are in 20 or 30 thousand miles.
I REST MY CASE.

The Vredsteins dont last any longer than the Goodyears. I was checking mine today, and already they the best part of half way knackered. Only fitted them the other month.

Soyasauce

Well it looks like everyone has their own opinion. Think I'll go for the Vredestein or Bridgestone if I'm feeling flush which isn't likely as I've just forked out £375 for a service!!

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Well it looks like everyone has their own opinion. Think I'll go for the Vredestein or Bridgestone if I'm feeling flush which isn't likely as I've just forked out £375 for a service!!

Up to you, but having had both these as well as the OEM Pirellis and the Goodyears, I would say you are making a mistake not buying the F1 Assymetrics as they are the best overall :)

stevesulsh

MY08FR
Dec 8, 2008
Dublin Ireland
Just stung €215 to replace factory P Zero as unrepairable 25,000 Km on clock still plenty tread left but hey what can you do.... what's the avg cost of P zero + fitting etc. in UK??

Soyasauce

Just stung €215 to replace factory P Zero as unrepairable 25,000 Km on clock still plenty tread left but hey what can you do.... what's the avg cost of P zero + fitting etc. in UK??

No idea but that sounds very expensive:(

langy

Aug 9, 2006
My fronts are lasting 25k with rears 50k. Mostly A roads and motorways though.

james.g

Nov 28, 2009
York
Hmm, tyres are only supposed to last up to 3 years before the compound starts to degrade so there's little benefit in getting starship miles out of them unless you drive like the Pope.

Why you would put low resistance, hard compund, eco or cheap tyres on a Cupra is beyond me. Why not go and put remoulds on a Ferrari? If you want to save cash, get an economy model.

Of course i'm not saying you need to spend £gazillions on brand tyres, but putting anything other than a sticky soft tyre on a performance hatch is counter-intuative, and that means 15-20K miles max out of fronts, perahps even as low as 6-8 if you enjoy yourself on twisty roads ;)

eddiel34

Jan 14, 2008
Camskill have GOODYEAR EAGLE F1 ASYMMETRIC - 225/40R18 for £199.90 for a pair delivered. Are They trustworthy.

eddiel34

Jan 14, 2008
Thanks, bought them today and they are already on their way. Will get them tomorrow. Guy who refurbed my wheels put me onto a guy who will fit them for £25.

So £225 fitted. well chuffed.:D

hammie2k

Mar 4, 2009
Anybody got Toyo TR1's on a Cupra.. Be interested to know as my K1 needs some new shoes very soon and I am not sure at the mo which to go for (toyo, Bridgestone or Verde's)

Jan 15, 2009
Kent
Ive just got prices from a garage near me..

goodyear eagle assy @ £114.00 fitted each
vredestein ultrac sessanta @ £101.00 fitted each
Bridgestone Potenza RE050A @ £119.00 fitted each

Was going to get the vredestein but unsure now lol

jay-bob 25

Jun 18, 2004
just had fitted

just gone for the toyo proxy t1s at £200 all in fitted the p zeros were just onto the marks at 19000 mils which i think is good had good reports on the toyos but i dont think they will last as long as the p zero interesting to see how they do

stevesulsh

MY08FR
Dec 8, 2008
Dublin Ireland
think i will source some tyres up over the border far too dear here the prices some of you guys are quoting are quite unbelievable, coming up time to change the other 3 think I will stick with the P zeros fairly happy with the handling on the occaisional few squirts I have given it

Rickst3r

Cupra K1...
Dec 13, 2009
Falkirk, Central Scotland
I put Vresdtein Ultrac's on my old Focus RS and they were the best tyre that I've come across. When I'm needing new tyres on my Leon, I'll be getting the Ultrac's again :D

Good grip in dry/wet conditions and the wear out of them was fantastic...

Ni Cupra

Inferi black cupra
May 23, 2007
have to disagree with all the comments on the goodyears. had a full set of 4 on about a year ago, the fronts lasted all of roughly 3 months (approx 4-5k) and the rears were just replaced last week with about 2mm still left on them. the inside of the tyre had flat spots and few bulges on them causing vibrations and poor stability on the road. Bridgestones would get my vote, the RE040's i have on the front now and had before the goodyears were excellent. last pair of bridgestones i got 10k+

james.g

Nov 28, 2009
York
have to disagree with all the comments on the goodyears. had a full set of 4 on about a year ago, the fronts lasted all of roughly 3 months (approx 4-5k) and the rears were just replaced last week with about 2mm still left on them. the inside of the tyre had flat spots and few bulges on them causing vibrations and poor stability on the road. Bridgestones would get my vote, the RE040's i have on the front now and had before the goodyears were excellent. last pair of bridgestones i got 10k+

Sounds like your suspension geometry is out. Had 4 wheel alignment checked recently? Fitted a suspension kit at some point?