Ok.. Decision time, thinking of remapping my Leon Cupra with AMD

P-torque.co.uk

Mar 30, 2006
Wolverhampton
www.p-torque.co.uk
Just to mention, we are currently holding a Group Buy for the 1.8T models, making the P-Torque Stage 1 remap just £225.00 all in, including dyno run before and after, and with free panel filter. :)

Only mentioning the offer if you want to have a look. If AMD are closer, of course they will do a good job.

Mr OCD

May 1, 2008
Manchester, UK
Just to mention, we are currently holding a Group Buy for the 1.8T models, making the P-Torque Stage 1 remap just £225.00 all in, including dyno run before and after, and with free panel filter. :)

Only mentioning the offer if you want to have a look. If AMD are closer, of course they will do a good job.

Bargain :)

ScoobyJawa

Achtung!
Oct 2, 2002
Liphook
Visit site
That 5-cylinder sounds nice with a proper exhaust system for sure. Mind you, the LCR sounds pretty angry at Stage 2 and makes similar figures to that of the ST but we need to factor a rear ARB and front strut brace into the cost to match it in all area's.

The thing to remember though and I know its an age old addage, but there is no replacement for displacement, the 2.5 in the ST (drinks fuel lol, 23mpg average) but the torque and flexibilty of the engine is amazing, as P-Torque says its a fab enigne and pisses on the 3.0i I had in my Z4 which is also regarded a superb engine.

I think my Cupra is the best car for the money you can buy, but I do miss the torque of my ST, never thought I'd say a 1.8T suffered from lag on spool up (as my wife had the cupra when I had my Z4 and I thought the 1.8T is a really good unit) until I had that ST, but as I said it has 700cc more so not surprising!

However, I've done 320 miles on a tank this weekend in my Cupra on the M-way at just shy of 3 figures (in kmh ;)) and its still on the last notch petrol wise, empty light has just come on, I'd have been on fumes on the ST at 270 miles with the same journey!!

Both top motors :)

P-torque.co.uk

Mar 30, 2006
Wolverhampton
www.p-torque.co.uk
Whats the P-torque map like then, agrssive or progressive?

Progressive.

Aggressive tuning is only for those who love wheel spin :rolleyes:

When driving hard, on the gear change (say from 3rd - 4th) you want the torque/power band to still be there and pull strong to red-line. Aggressive maps spike at lower revs and then tail off heavily.

We can map cars in aggressive manner if the customer wishes, but its not the correct way to tune a car for true performance :)

antzleoncupra

Jun 24, 2009
Billericay
thats a good offer thanks p-torque but yea, AMD are only round the corner from me really. As someone said, i think AMD do quite an aggressive remap and im all up for being hit up the arse at 3000rpm :)

I know the Focus ST is superior and yes it sounds gorgous, just not in my budget for one, and secondly they drink fuel. Bare in mind the Leon is only a 1.8t, its not too bad on fuel i guess, not only is it alot cheaper to insure than the ST, its better on mpg and in all honesty, i just think german build quality is better. Im only into my classic fords you see! lol

That said, i love ST Focus's and i do understand that if the ST was mapped up etc itd kill the Leon, but im up for a great allrounder, i think a remap will satisfy me. Even if i got it too 230ish hp, gotta be better on fuel than an ST? As i said, i cant mock the Leon and say its not as fast as i thought it was until i unleash some of its potential,a nd by the sounds of it, a remap puts a smile on many faces with these cars :) Cheers for all your help people

dippy4000

going faster
Feb 14, 2009
Kent
Progressive.

Aggressive tuning is only for those who love wheel spin :rolleyes:

When driving hard, on the gear change (say from 3rd - 4th) you want the torque/power band to still be there and pull strong to red-line. Aggressive maps spike at lower revs and then tail off heavily.

I agree with that only to a point. me personally would rather hit peak torque as mine does at 3850rpm than at the readline, as i wouldn't want to be having to redline the car all the time to get the best out of it.
The touque peaks at 3850rpm as said but doesn't start to tail off till 5000rpm and by 5500rpm only decreased by 20lb/ft, hence no real need to be thrashing the motor about above the 5500 rpm mark.

Only my opinion as all people differ ;)

P-torque.co.uk

Mar 30, 2006
Wolverhampton
www.p-torque.co.uk
I agree with that only to a point. me personally would rather hit peak torque as mine does at 3850rpm than at the readline, as i wouldn't want to be having to redline the car all the time to get the best out of it.
The touque peaks at 3850rpm as said but doesn't start to tail off till 5000rpm and by 5500rpm only decreased by 20lb/ft, hence no real need to be thrashing the motor about above the 5500 rpm mark.

Only my opinion as all people differ ;)

Who said you have to hit redline?

A progessive map is a smooth map. You can still achieve the same torque as an aggressive map but in a smoother manor. For example we tuned a members 1.8T Cupra R yesterday and it made 292lbs/ft torque and 263hp. Strong figures, but delivered in a progressive manor.

Any tuner can make torque spikes. We allow for standard clutch limits etc.

We tune the 1.8T blocks to 400hp, but only with the correct hardware upgrades in place..

dippy4000

going faster
Feb 14, 2009
Kent
Would you happen to have a graph to show this. My previous map which was on the car when i bought it was a "progressive" map, on the rr it showed both the bhp and touque curve running in a smooth arc to the redline, is this what you mean :confused:

I ask because if its not, i would to see what it is, as maybe although i like my map now, yours may be better to my driving style and may get a better gain from it.

P-torque.co.uk

Mar 30, 2006
Wolverhampton
www.p-torque.co.uk
Hi!

I don't have the graph on this laptop for the Cupra R yesterday, but I do have an example graph from another 1.8T 225hp shown below.

Please note, this car did have a sports cat, although its still only P-Torque Stage 1 software:

18T225bhpmapped.jpg

dippy4000

going faster
Feb 14, 2009
Kent
Thanks.

Mines not a lcr,would that be the the same curves with less power? if so like the looks of it, and will comes to you for stage 2 :)

dippy4000

going faster
Feb 14, 2009
Kent
Thanks mate, thats pretty much made my mind up :)

I see what he means now, i like the way that both peaks are achived so smoothly yet not so high in the rev range on the bhp.

I'll get mine up as a comparison to yours, very different figures not as high as yours :(

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Below is my graph for a 225 LCR running a stage 1 AmD map
DSC00102.jpg

275BHP @ 5600 RPM
295 lb ft @ 4000 RPM

dippy4000

going faster
Feb 14, 2009
Kent
Below is my graph for a 225 LCR running a stage 1 AmD map
DSC00102.jpg

275BHP @ 5600 RPM
295 lb ft @ 4000 RPM

sort of like mine but mines got less power, and the torque peaks earlier on mine too Is this their standard map or have you had it tweeked a bit?

Also is there a reason for the 2 (dont know what to call them "blips??") on the top end of the bhp curve? Just curious on how they read:think:

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
That was the standerd AmD map,
I dont know why it has the dip's in the torque curve, but you dont feel it.

Aug 5, 2008
Morning,

Or re-maps can either be very aggresive or nice and linear (which is most popular) just depends what you want from the car but as we write them to suit your car and you, you can how which ever one you would prefer.

If you do decide to go for the Turbo back exhaust we will write the map to suit this too.

PM me with your requirements we can sort out a package deal for you.

As you can see from the replys there are many happy people with our re-maps and we re-map about 50+ cars a month!

It WILL be the best money you spend on your car ;)

Ben

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.