Broke Down This Morning!

dave_6

Apr 26, 2005
Essex
Broke down this morning,
2001 ibiza cupra

Fine for the first 10 minutes of the journey and travelling at about 60mph then put my foot down a bit and it juddered, got into a village after and it went into limp mode, the battery light came on for a few seconds then went off, then the TCS traction control light came on

Car then stalled just as I was pulling into some randoms driveway in the little village so I could take a look at it

Didn’t have the laptop on me to vagcom it so…
Disconnected the battery and tried to start it, it started but revs fluttered up and down then it stalled

Disconnected battery again and disconnected the MAF aswell, and it idled fine and got me to work

Sounds dodgy when its spooling so I think I might have a pipe that’s popped off, maybe one of my intercooler pipes

Hopefully its just that, a pipes popped off which screwed up the airflow and confused the hell out of the maf

I’ll get it on vagcom tonight and will get under it and check all my pipes, it definitely sounded differently when even slightly spooling up so fingers crossed its just a pipe and its easy to find (as it’ll be dark, cold and wet)

dave_6

Apr 26, 2005
Essex
Got home ok and got to work in the dark, all pipes underneath seemed fine and then I found one pipe had popped off higher up

IMG_1730.jpg

put it back on and secured the jubilee clip nice and tight

Also need to get myself a new corner rubber bit to connect this pipe to the N75 as it had came off and the rubber part had perished, will have to shoot down a local motor factors and see if they have one this weekend

Cleared vagcom which as expected said that -
16486 - Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70): Signal too Low
P0102 - 35-00 -

fingers crossed it wont pop off again in a hurry

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.