My Seat Leon Cupra R! - Pics & Plans!

RS6

Nov 24, 2009
update well i didn't think the wing mirror covers looked to bad and have fitted them this evening! covers the scratches enough for me!

RS6

Nov 24, 2009
no pics yet will get some for you on the weekend! as far as i can see the drivers side wing mirror fits fine, the passenger side one, is every so slightly different meaning it doesn't cover completely at the bottom of the wing mirror getting down to the black plastic, they still look good enough to me though, i used no more nails glue, mine came in a proper box with special delivery postage

sat im fitting my new splitter and gear knob and HID kit for the lights so will get snaps of everything :)

RS6

Nov 24, 2009
yeah well i think i can live with them tbh! it doesn't bother me they don't cover the whole wing mirror its doubful you can get a full carbon one that covers everything, with out getting it custom made costing silly money, the guy at work reckoned they were real carbon fibre, i can't see there being any interchangeable clip on parts being made swapping black for carbon so this will have to do,

you can barely notice the difference in the 2 wing covers so im happy

also my new wind deflectors cover the gap so it goes straight from base plate to wing mirror and you don't see where the carbon doesn't cover if that makes any sense the wind deflectors stick out enough so you just see the carbon from inside the car

RS6

Nov 24, 2009
right whats fitted so far of a week of ownership

Waxed twice now!

New Seat Sports Gear Knob
New Carpet Matts
New Rubber Winter Matts
X4 Wind Deflectors
New Cupra R badges all round
Carbon Fibre Wing Mirror covers
New Front splitter

Awaiting:

HID Kit (not arrived yet)
Seat Belt Pads
Cambelt Change

Will try and get pics over the next coming weeks :)

:happy:

MJ-DC2

Looking good mate. Im sure there is plenty of mods for me to fit for you over the next few years. We managed to get the splitter off and fitted in the end lol.

HID kit has arrived and will fit it at the weekend for you, will look great.

I run a group by/supply hids kits to forum members on ITR-DC2 and corsasport forum if anyone is interested. At £65 delivered or £80 delivered for H4 bi xexon kits. If you are interested then please let me know.

Take care james and see you soon.

Cheers MJ

RS6

Nov 24, 2009
Looking good mate. Im sure there is plenty of mods for me to fit for you over the next few years. We managed to get the splitter off and fitted in the end lol.

HID kit has arrived and will fit it at the weekend for you, will look great.

I run a group by/supply hids kits to forum members on ITR-DC2 and corsasport forum if anyone is interested. At £65 delivered or £80 delivered for H4 bi xexon kits. If you are interested then please let me know.

Take care james and see you soon.

Cheers MJ

this man is my hero! thanks mate ^^ :)

yeah lots of fun with this to come, can't wait to get everything sorted out! running out of money fast now i have the cambelt booked in for jan the 16th JKM motor services and a mini service should be hitting £450 all in have go steady with dec pay!

RS6

Nov 24, 2009
225 badges are all on, new gear knob (seat sport) is on, seat belt pads are on, new splitter is on,

just HID kit to go and some more glue for the carbon wing mirror covers sigh!

Last edited:

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
I had a message back from the seller of the wing mirror covers today, saying that I've used superglue to try to adhere mine. What? I didn't even try to put them on! At least I got the refund that I wanted

RS6

Nov 24, 2009
yeah onwards and upwards eck :)

UPDATE well today i now have HID's fitted much brighter now big improvement as it was hard to tell if the main lights were on or not

run out of £'s so will have to cancel cambelt and aux belts will get that done in feb

still to do

cambelt & aux belt change
green cotton pannel filter
miltek or blueflame exhaust cat back system
BBS replica alloys
Intercooler and boost guages
TIP fitted
Remap
S3 strut braces
225 steering wheel & pedals
silver dash
detail the car

should keep me and the bank balance busy for a while still learning about engine bits so much i could do lol

Last edited:

greganderson

Nov 16, 2009
Isle of man
...im also having it detailed and de-swirled on the 20th...

de-swirling? is that what it sounds, and is getting all those tiny little imperfections out of the paint?
if so, how can you do that, my leon suffers from that pretty bad. also, those new mirrors are hot! :D